06, there goes the lady in red

⿻ RINDOU

⿻ RINDOU.

rindou thinks he's lost his mind. it was natural to him that there would be waitresses wearing chinese red dresses since they were at a chinese cuisine restaurant as per his older brother's idea - but it never occurred to him why you'd be wearing the same red dress. your hair was even pulled neatly in a bun with a chopstick running through the back and your makeup thing on your eyelids that rindou thought was the product of a black sharpie, makes him think that you prepared for this thing way too much.

honestly, what did she think of a chinese restaurant? some sort of costume party?

you never realized this since you were used to rindou's resting frown when you're around, but he thinks you look stupid.

when you mutter an excuse to go to the comfort room, his eyes uncontrollably follow your form as you stood up wearing your stupid red dress. as expected since the dinner started, you don't notice. or maybe you're purposely ignoring rindou's existence (which he's okay with) - but whether or not you know that rindou's openly staring, you don't pay him any mind.

the only acknowledgement you both sent each other tonight was eye contact. no tight lipped awkward smiles, no forced out hellos or a brief nod. you just met each other's eyes and there was that. nothing else.

rindou likes it this way, though. so far, you've made no smartass remarks about his coat or his hair, nor speak a word to him or anything. and it's not like the man himself would even think about conversing with you, so there's really no need for an exchange of thoughts or greetings tonight. all these things positively considered, he thinks the dinner's going well.

he likes the food and contrary to popular belief, he actually enjoys the presence of the executives. plus, everything was formal and was going smoothly, with ran and the others talking to you about your former job (which he finds boring), but that's better than you annoying the hell out of him.