07, no one's going to know

⿻ YOU.

when you said you were off to buy decorations for the corporate team building next month, you thought you'd be doing it alone. or maybe with someone who would actually be helpful, like kakucho or kokonoi or maybe even ran, despite his teasing. so it certainly surprised you the moment you found out that it was haitani rindou who would be accompanying you. the stuck up, can't do heavy work, lilac haired man, haitani rindou. yes, him.

seriously, you don't know why mikey and the CCOs kept lumping you with him. sure, you share the same title with him but would that always mean that you're stuck with him forever? won't there be day-offs when he's not around? because he's literally everywhere. he's right in front of you in the office, he's always having lunch the same time you eat lunch and he's always in the same place you're at.

literally.

one time, you went on an early lunch break and decided to go to a not-so-busy restaurant instead of the food chain you frequented. imagine your shock the moment you see him already eating inside with his brother - as if he knew that you'd be visiting the place beforehand. you don't know if this was his tricks and he was messing with you but if it was just some coincidence, then you'd be damned.

"i don't get why i'm stuck with you, of all people." you grumble the moment that you were both in an isolated isle of the supermarket. rindou was a few meters behind you, lazily pushing the cart that you urged him to get just for the sake of giving him more trouble than necessary (but he doesn't need to find out about that).

"i don't get why i'm stuck with you, too," he scoffs, his voice coming out with a tone that only screams his boredom. he's not even making effort in choosing any decorations or whatsoever with you, and his only job was to push the cart that had nonexistent items on it. you don't understand why he'd have the guts to act all high and mighty when he contributed nothing. "yet you don't see me complaining, do you?"