Heterochromatic

Prompt- George goes to a new school. He was bullied in his old school in England because of his eyes

-------------------------

"Get that look of your face and give me a smile" George's mum says handing her son his bag.

"Can I please just stay home schooled" George tries to beg.

"No George I let you do online school for three months while we moved here... I don't understand why you hate school so much. But look, this is going to be different. We live in America now, not England. So school will be completely different" George's mum says turning around to continue cleaning.

"But-"

"I said no George. Now go to school" His mum orders.

George sighs and leaves his house walking down the road. They've drove around the area quite a lot, so he learnt his way to school already. Once he gets to the school gates he puts his head down. He makes sure his hair cover one of his eyes, it was easier to hide his blue one since that's on the side his hair naturally goes.

George has heterochromia, which means he has two eyes that are different colours. One is brown and the other is blue. He has always been bullied because of it and he didn't see why going to an American school would be any different.

George hits into someone make him fall over. "Ow" he mumbles.

"Shit I'm sorry. You alright?" A hand reaches out to him. He looks up seeing he walked into a tall blonde boy wearing a sports jacket with a number on the front.

George doesn't know why but he trusts the boy. He takes his hand and lets the boy help him to his feet. "I'm fine. Sorry of walking into you" George says looking down.

"I'm Dream" The boy smiles.

"Dream?... What kind of name is that?" George asks looking at him curiously "Shit sorry that was rude" he panics.

Dream laughs "My real name is Clay but no one calls me that. Dream is just a nickname, it started as an idiot joke from my friend Nick. I call his Sapnap though" Dream explains.

"Dream and Sapnap. I like it" George laughs.

"Thanks... I've never seen you around before. I guess your the new kid? The accent is kind of obvious" Dream asks.

George nods "Your the first persons I've spoke to"

"We'll I'm lucky then" Dream says "...why are you trying to hide your face?" he asks randomly.

"I'm not" George defends trying to laugh it off.

"Look at me" Dream moans.

George slowly looks up. Dream gently moves the hair away from George's eyes and smiles.

"Pretty"

"W-what?!" George asks shocked, feeling his stomach twist.

"Your eyes. They're pretty" Dream smiles.

"Thank you..." George whispers staring up at the taller boy in awe.

"Why are you shocked?" Dream asks confused.

"No ones ever said that before" George shrugs looking away again.

"Oh that sucks" Dream says. "I guess that's why you try hide them?"

"I hate my eyes. I've been bullied a lot" George mumbles but Dream heard.

"You shouldn't hide them, I think it makes you unique!" Dream smiles.

"Dream!"

Dream looks over his shoulder and George does the same, they see a group of people.

"You should probably get to your friends" George smiles at him.

"Want to join?" Dream offers.

"I would but I have to go to the teachers office since it's my first day" George shrugs.

Dream rummages through his bag and smiles when he finds what he's looking for. He puts his bag back on his back holding a pair of white sunglasses.

He carefully places them on top of George's head, resting them against his fluffy hair. "Take these, I would prefer if you didn't hide them. But if it makes you more comfortable, just use these"

George puts his hand up feeling the glasses smiling at Dream.

"Your adorable" Dream chuckles making George go red. "See you around George. Fell free to come say hi when you next see me, my friends are all really nice and I'm sure you'll fit into our group perfectly. I'm glad you ran into me... literally" He laughs walking away.

George smiles waving awe stuck at the boy.

I think I like this school