Punch- Angst

"Hey!" Wilbur says running over to greet George with a hug but stops instantly "George what happened to your face!" He says gently grabbing his chin to turn his head to the side to get a better look.

"It's nothing I had an accident, but Dream helped me so I'm fine" George tells him as he feels Dream put a hand on his back to comfort him.

Wilbur turned to Dream then back at George "You sure?" He says slowly squinting his eyes.

"Yes?" George says slowly as well questioning why he would ask.

"No one hurt you did they?" Wilbur says glancing at Dream, not just once but twice.

"What are you trying to say?" Dream says shocked.

"I'm saying I haven't seen or heard from one of my closest friends in a while, coincidently when the two of you started dating and now I finally get to see him, he turns up with a bruised eye" Wilbur says standing up straight unafraid.

"And you think I hurt him!?" Dream says obviously both surprised and offended.

"Will stop Dream didn't do this. And I've not been out of the house for personal reasons" George says rubbing the back of his neck, he did feel guilty that he hadn't spoke to anyone for a few weeks now.

Wilbur let out a short angry kind of laugh "You think I'm stupid" He said stepping up to Dream. "You're getting so defensive, why else would you unless it was the truth!" Wilbur accused him.

Dream's hand dropped from George's back "Because you're accusing me of what? hitting my boyfriend?!" Dream says standing up to Wilbur. Neither of them had plan of backing down. That was one thing that was obvious. By now the attention of ever person in the house had been caught.

"Explain what this accident was then!" Wilbur says folding his arms over his chest.

Dream went to say something but George put his hand on his arm. Dream looked down at him and he shook his head. Dream lets out a breath trying to calm down, George stepped up to Wilbur "Look if you really want to know, I didn't want to say because it's embarrassing but I slipped on water and hit my head on my counter" George explains calmly.

"George don't defend him! This bastard has clearly hit you!" Wilbur turned back to Dream even angrier than before but before he could say anything else Sapnap stepped in "Hey hey calm down dude"

"Calm down!" Wilbur scoffed "Like hell! George just get away from him before he hits you again"

"Shut up! If there is one thing I know about Dream it's that he loves George, more than anything else. He would never even think about hurting him!" Sapnap defends.

"I mean I have to agree with Wilbur, it does look suspicious" The three of them turn to Philza who decided to give his opinion.

"See. Phil can tell your an abusive dick too!" Wilbur says throwing his arm up fustrated.

"No I'm not saying that at all" Philza says walking closer the the bunch, putting his hand on George's shoulder "I agree it looks suspicious on the timing of it all but we have to take George's word into account. I don't believe Dream would ever do something like this either" Philza explains.

"Your being convinced just like the rest of them!" Wilbur yells. "I warned him. I told George being with you would only get him hurt and now look!"

"I didn't hurt him!" Dream yells.

"Stop accusing him!" Sapnap yells.

"Just stop!" George yells. They all stopped and looked at him. "I've been feeling like shit! That's why I hid away at home but Dream helped him! He's the only reason I managed to pull myself to come to this dumb party. I trust him with my life, he would never hurt me, not emotionally or physically. I've witnessed this boy cry himself to sleep after a tiny argument we had before just because he felt bad!" George says pointing at Dream, he was focused on Wilbur as he spoke "If you really cared about me as much as you claim you wouldn't jump to conclusions like this and you would believe me!" 

Wilbur was taken-back, he had never seen George angry before and he had never had it directed at him either. "I-"

George cuts him off by sighing and shaking his head "Just don't" 

George stepped closer to Dream grabbing his hand "I'm sorry George"

"No I'm sorry Dream let's just go home yeah?" George smiles sadly looking up at the taller boy.

"Okay" Dream nods.

"Doesn't look like we're wanted here anyway" George adds gently pulling Dream along with him as he heads back towards the front door they had not long come through.

"George wait!" Wilbur yells after him.

"I think you've said enough" Sapnap says to Wilbur as the door shuts.

When they walk out of the apartment building Dream stops walking. George stops when he feels a tug on his hand telling him Dream wasn't following anymore. He turns to face him and see's a tear slip from his eye.

"Oh Dream please don't cry" George's heart dropped at the sight.

"I-I'm sorry I just... If that's what Wilbur thinks of me what must other people? Do other people think I hit you too" Dream says quietly wiping his eyes.

"Dream-" George sighs and steps forward wrapping his arms around Dream. He lays his head on his chest "Look I don't care what other people think and neither should you"

Dream hesitated but soon returned the hug, holding the small boy as carefully as he could. "I'm your boyfriend. I'm meant to protect you... I want to protect you. You mean everything to me. I love you so much" He says sounding defeated.

"I know Dream. I love you too and you do protect me. You help me all the time" George tells him smiling up at him.

"Hey um, guys..."

They turn to Wilbur who was standing in the doorway of the building.

"You going to throw more accusations?" George rolls his eyes.

"Um... no" Wilbur says rubbing the back of his neck "Look I'm here to say I'm sorry"

"It's fine" Dream says turning his head away, embarrassed that he had been crying.

"No it's not fine" George shakes his head.

"It's not" Wilbur agrees "I was out of line. I've been worried because I haven't been able to get hold of you for a while and they you turned up with a bruise I... I'm sorry George. Dream. I shouldn't have thought those things"

"No you shouldn't have" George says.

"If there's any way I can-" Wilbur starts but Dream stops him "Like I said it's fine. You was worried about him it makes sense. It fucking hurts that you think I'd ever do that though" He admits.

"Let's just go home Dream. It's fine Will let's just forget about the whole thing" George says.

Wilbur watches as they both get into their car and drive away before slowly making his way up stairs. The others asked him why he lashed out and what happened. He explained that he jumped to conclusions and it's probably just because he was drunk.