Soulmate Au

Prompt/ Explanation- I saw a soulmate story were you are born with either a lock bracelet or a key necklace, only your soulmate can undo your lock. The person with the lock can never take off the bracelet until the lock has been undone.
So Dream has to unlock George's lock with his key.
Every lock and key are unique and have there own style/look.

I thought it was a cute idea so I wrote this one-shot. ENJOY!

------------------------

Georege's POV

I came to America two weeks ago. So far me, Sapnap, Dream and Karl have all been hanging out as normal friends. But the fans found out we are together... thanks for leaking the information Tubbo. It's okay though we was going to them anyway, no one can be mad a Tubbo. How can you hate such an innocent sweet soul.  

Speaking of soul's, I'm 25 and I've still not met my soulmate. I'm not sad about it, in fact I'm happy. I've never let anyone try my lock because I'm scared it will work. I don't want just anyone. I want Dream. Yes I'm in love with Dream, my best friend for years. I held onto the tiny fantasy that he was my soulmate, even though deep down I know how unlikely that is.

Above all of that I have a lock instead of a key.

Girl's usually get a lock and boys normally get a key.

It's not unheard of for them to switch, but when a boy has a lock it means usually means that their soulmate is also a boy. I already guessed this though considering I'm gay.

The four of us started streaming, just talking and messing around. We answered a few questions about random things.

"Chat wants to see our keys" Karl says pointing at the messages flying past. He dangles his key in front of him so that the viewers can see.

"Why?" I ask holding my wrist feeling my bracelet under my jumper.

"Thinking of it I don't think I've seen yours the entire time you've been here" Sapnap says looking right at me, while pulling his out from under his shirt to show the viewers as well.

"Yup he's hiding it for some reason" Dream shrugs. His key was normally hidden under his shirt, but I've seen it before. It's a beautiful small silver key.

"I am not!" I say defensively.

"I begged you to show me and you wouldn't" Dream reminds me.

"Yeah because you pestered me for an hour straight!" I say trying to turn the whole thing into a joke so that we can move on.

"Awe Dream just wants to see if he has a chance with you!" Sapnap teases like he always does. But that comment hurt.

"Obviously, I need to know who my George's soulmate is so that I can scare them off" Dream laughs.

"If you destroy the competition then there's only you left. That way you have to get together" Sapnap jokes.

"Pleaseeeee show us George!" Karl begs "You've seen all of ours it's already fair!"

"Ugh fine but can we do this off stream maybe" I sigh giving in.

"No no no the fans need to see!" Sapnap complains.

"I hate you all" I groan and pull up my sleeve. 

They all sit shocked staring at my bracelet. I've already told the fans I'm bisexual so that wasn't what I was afraid of. It was just the reactions of my friends when they know I don't have a key.

"George. You've got a lock?" Dream says quietly, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Dude why didn't you tell us!" Karl exclaims happily hugging my side.