Astraphobia- (Fear of Thunder)

Prompt- Dream has a fear of thunder and George comforts him

-----------------------

George's POV

"I miss you too mum" I smile at the camera. My mum called me on face time so that I can catch up with her. I haven't seen her much since all my time was spent hanging out with Dream, who came down to visit me in England.

There was a loud bang making my mum jump on the other side of the phone. "Oh my! That scared me" She panics.

I stand up, taking my phone with me and go to the window. I pull the curtain open to have a look outside. I see a flash in the sky to my right.

"It's was just thunder" I tell her.

She sighs in relief "Okay. It's late so you should get yourself some sleep" She says.

"Okay. Night, mum I love you. Tell dad I said hi"

"I will do honey, and you make sure to take good care of Dream. I love you!"

We say our goodbyes and she hangs up the phone. I smile and decide to head to the bathroom to go to the toilet before I go to bed. The house was dead silent as I sneak through it scared to wake Dream up.

I use the toilet quickly before heading my way back to my room. I pause outside of the spare room that Dream is staying in. I wonder if he's asleep.

Another wave of thunder shots through the house and I hear a sound almost like a yelp. Was that from Dream's room? I tiptoe closer to the door and put my ear against it. I hear sniffling.

Is he crying?

I knock on the door but there is no answer. Another boom of thunder. I knock again this time opening the door slowly. "Hey Dream, you awake?" I say quietly taking a step in the room.

I see Dream in the dark room sitting on the bed hugging his knees to his chest against the headboard of the bed. His head snaps up to me shocked, he quickly turns away and rubs his eyes. "Hey G-George. I didn't know you was awake" He says clearing his throat.

The sight alone broke my heart but hearing his voice break as he tried to talk was too much. "Why are you crying?" I ask walking over sitting at the end of the bed, I don't want to make him uncomfortable just in case he might want to be alone.

"I'm not" He says forcing a small chuckle.

"It's okay to cry Dream, I won't judge you. I just want to help" I tell him. A bang sounded outside the window and I noticed Dream jumped hiding his head in his arms. He's scared of thunder, I never knew that before.

~Flashback~
I wake up late at night to my phone ringing. I groan at turn to grab it of my nightstand. I was going to hang up the phone not caring about it. If it's important than they can call back in the morning. Well that's what I was thinking before I read the name.

Dream <3 is calling...

I accept the call putting the phone to my ear "Dream it's late" I mumble tiredly, rubbing my eyes.

"G-George I'm sorry... y-you can end if you want" The voice on the other line wasn't the normal cheery Dream I'm use to. He was crying and sounded tired.

I feel myself much more awake than I was before "Hey is everything okay. Do you wanna' talk about it?"

"No. I just wanted to hear you voice" Dream mumbles.

I heard a muffled bang in the background but I ignored it focusing on Dream instead. My heart melted at his words, "Awe Dream that's sweet" I giggle.

We ended up talking for a couple of hours until we fell asleep on call together.
~End of flashback~

"Your scared of thunder" I whisper, more to myself than to him as I put the dots together. I'm not sure why it took me this long to realise.

He nods slowly his body shaking. I stand up and offer my hand out to him "Come on, you can stay in my room with me"

He looks up at me and I give him a warm smile. He hesitated but when another thunder rumbled he grabbed my hand instantly and got up out of bed. I gently pull him by his hand to my bedroom. I climb on my bed and pat the spot next to me "Sit"

He climbs next to me, our backs against the headboard of my bed. I grab my earphone that was on my bedside table, I hand them to Dream

"What's this for?" Dream asks confused putting it in his ear anyway.

I plug the earphones into my phone and play some music quietly. From a playlist we made together late one night of all our favourite songs we enjoyed together. "This way you don't have to hear the thunder as loud. It's not perfect but it's at least a little better"

"Thanks but you listen with me" Dream says giving me back one side of the earphones. I put it in my ear.

There's a moment of silence before thunder goes off again. Dream shifts closer to me.

I put my arm around his shoulder. He moves down in the bed and puts his head on my chest, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smile and hug him back. I run my hands through his soft blonde hair.

"Have you always been afraid?" I ask.

"Yes" He says weakly, thankfully he looks a lot more calmer than he did before.

"You never told me. I would've helped you through it" I tell him, talking as softly as I can.

"I was worried you would think I'm childish or something" Dream shrugs.

A loud bang causes his grip on me to tighten. I rub his back to show him I'm here "It's okay... I would never think badly of you Dreamy. I can't even if I tried"

"I love you Georgie. Thank you for being you" Dream says hiding his face in my shirt.

"Who else would I be" I giggle, my body going warm.

"No one. Your perfect"

"Dreeeam stooop your making my heart go fuzzy" I say jokingly but I was fully serious.

"Good" Dream smiles with a yawning

"Go to sleep Dream" I whisper.

He nods and closes his eyes.

I wait until I hear his breathing even out, meaning he is asleep. Before I go to sleep myself.