Buying your love

Prompt- Dream always buys George gifts, but George doesn't want them. He just wants Dream.
-----------------------------------------

George and Dream have been dating for 11 and a half months now and it has been a literal dream come true. No pun intended. He loves Dream with all his heart, there is not a single thing about the man that he could dislike. 

Dream makes him feel safe and wanted. He makes every day feel like it's the best. Whether they are lying around watching a movie, just having a chat or going out to meet with friends. George doesn't know what he'd do without Dream by my side and frankly he don't want to even imagine it. 

A life without Dream is a life that he don't want to live.

There was one thing that George has noticed however. Every time Dream had to go somewhere without him. Like to his parents or to a meeting or something on those lines. Any time he was away from George for a day or more he would come back with a present.

George thought it was cute that he knew Dream cared and was always thinking about him, even when he was away. But at the same time George wanted it to stop. He knew that in most relationships this doesn't happen. It's something people Dream of happening, so he knows he's in a lucky position. But it was too much for George. He was overwhelmed.

Being showered with gifts made George think that Dream was doing it to buy his love. Like if he didn't come back with something for George, then George would leave him. Which of course would never happen. George would never leave. The only way this relationship would ever break in George's eyes, is if Dream left him.

George sat in thought. Thinking about ways to bring it up to Dream. He looked back down at his phone in his hands, he was still on his message's with the man himself. The last message was sent fifteen minutes ago saying 'Be home so pretty boy'

Just as he put his phone down on the table he hear the door open and close. "George I'm home!" Dream says loudly.

George sits up from his slouched position excited as he call back "I'm in here!"

A few seconds pass and Dream walks in putting his bag down on an empty chair. He turns to George and smiles "Where's my hug then" He jokes putting his arms up.

George jumps up from the sofa and throws himself into Dream's arms. "I missed you" He whispers.

"I missed you too, I wish you could've come with me it was pretty boring" Dream says gently pulling away.

"I can't besides I'd only distract you" George laughs.

"True. I got you something" Dream says excited he leaves the room and comes back in with a bunch of flowers. "For you"

"Dream" George can't help but smile at his gesture. Every flower was a different shade of blue. They must have been hard to get a hold off. His smile drops as he stares at the flowers in his hands, Dream must have spent a lot of time while he was away trying to do this for him. George put them on the table next to them carefully.

"Shit do you not like them? I'll throw them away! I know it wasn't much this time but when I saw them I couldn't help but think of you. I'll get you something else! I-"

"Dream stop" George's heart dropped seeing Dream's panic. He never knew Dream was insecure, did he think he wasn't good enough for George? He sighs and takes Dream's hands into his "Listen we need to talk"

"I knew you didn't like them, I'm really sorry baby" Dream says as George pulls him over to the sofa to sit down.

George looks at them on the table and smiles as he touches one of the soft petal's "No I love them I really do... but I don't like that you always buy me gifts"

"I thought you liked my gift's?" Dream asks confused, staring at George's hand which was still holding his.

"Don't get me wrong I do. You know me so well and you go out of your way to get me things you know I'll love... But I don't need things" George try's to explain to him. "It feels like you buy me these things so that I don't leave you"

"Does that mean you want to leave?" Dream asks quietly.

George snap's his head towards him in shock. His expression was full of worry, he looked like he was about to break with his next response.

"No no no! Not at all! Please don't think that Dream!" George says quickly putting squeezing his hands in his own. "I'm just trying to say that I don't want you to buy my love. Your more than enough for me"

"I'm not trying to buy your love... am I?" Dream whispers questioning himself.

"Dream" George mumbles sadly.

"I did it for my ex, she got mad when I brought her the wrong thing..." He whispers again.

"I remember. I answered the phone and you broke down" George says as the memory replays in his head "Listen I know you don't want to hear this but she was a bitch, she was only with you for your money" George says softly.

"I know but you don't need my money because you have enough yourself" He says looking up at George with teary eyes "So I know I don't have to buy you more expensive things every time"

"That's it Dream. You don't have to buy me anything at all. I don't want you to think you have to. All I want is you" I smile at him.

"Is that enough?" Dream whispers.

"More than enough. I love you more than anything in this universe" George admits flustered as he turns red.

"I love you too Georgie I'm sorry I get so scared that your going to leave me. I don't know what I'd do without you" Dream says putting his hand on George's cheek.

George puts his hand on top of Dream's "I promise I'll be by your side forever... And you?"

"Forever" Dream reply's smiling.