chapter twelve

Stevens pov

Back on earth, (y/n) and i got into my van and drove through the city, my initial destination was little homeschool but i was going to show him around a bit on the way too.

"So, you're going to live with us now?" I asked him and he gave a small nod. Most of the drive was awkward silence, well it was awkward on my side, he seemed content with not saying anything.

Soon enough, we ended up at little homeschool and i parked the van. We got out and i greeted people as i walked through. "Hey Steven, who's you're friend?" Lapis asked as she flew to us with Peridot following close by on foot. "Lapis, Peridot, hi. (Y/n) this is Lapis Lazuli and Peridot. Lapis, Peridot, this is (y/n)."

He greeted them politely. I didn't want to mention him being a diamond and now a gem because i didn't know if he wanted anyone to know yet. "Are the crystal gems back yet? I didn't see them at the beach house" i asked hoping to see them so i could let them know (y/n) will be staying with us.

"Yeah, Sapphire and Ruby are having a day off together somewhere on the beach, Amethyst is eating fry bits right over there and Pearl is teaching a class fencing lessons with Connoe" she explained while pointing at Amethyst then pearl a few feet behind her.

I thanked her and we walked over to pearl. "Hey guys" i said getting their attention "hey Steven, Pearl said you were on Homeworld, how are the diamonds?" Connie asked as she gave me a hug "i only saw White. (Y/n) had a question for her" i said and saw as she looked at him and introduced herself.

"What did he want to ask white diamond?" She asked curious to know "why I'm not turning back into my diamond form. You're very short" he added looking down at her, he wasn't much taller than her but she still had to look up to look him in the eye.

I tried not to laugh as her face turned red and she walked away not saying anything else. "Did i offend her?" He asked looking at me. I just shruged and told him to wait while i talk to pearl.

I walked over to Pearl, who wasn't paying attention to us until i stared talking to her, which had her stop the fencing training.