chapter fourteen

Stevens POV

"So, can i have your heart?" He asked and i almost choked on my own spit "what?" I asked trying to stop coughing, he held his hand out to me and i almost took it "your keys, i need to clean the inside of the van too, unless you don't want me to" he said, i took my keys out of my pocket and handed it to him. "Thanks! You can take a seat over there" he said pointing to some camping chairs that were set up.

I walked over and sat down on one of them, watching as he opened the van door. "Oh shoot" i heard him say, he then took his shirt off and i looked away.

Your pov

Stevens been acting weird ever since i stared living with him here on earth. Right now, i was taking my shirt off because i couldn't clean the inside of his van with a wet shirt on and he just turned away as if i was fully naked

I started cleaning the inside, it wasn't really dirty, just some water bottles, a couple of little homeschool brochures and a blanket with some pillows. I cleaned the inside and closed the door, starting the outside.

After finishing, i walked over to give him his keys back but when he saw me, he dodged me and went into the building "is he...avoiding me?" I quietly asked. I walked over to his dad "can you give Steven his keys, he doesn't look like he wants to see me...I'm going to head back to little homeschool" i told him and left.

I walked back to little homeschool and went over to Pearl, who was just finishing her class. "Hey Pearl" "oh, hey (y/n). Is something the matter?" She asked, clearly seeing it.

I sighed and sat down next to her as she told the gems in her class to take a break and they all walked away. "I don't know. Does steven not like me?" I asked and she looked at me confused. "Why would you think that?" She asked and suddenly i heard a voice from behind us "He talks about you whenever you're not around" it was Garnet "really? He seems to not want to talk to me and i think he's avoiding me" i told them.

"Just talk to him, im sure everything is alright and you are just overthinking this whole situation" Garnet said "you think so?" I asked. She tipped her head slightly down, letting me see her third eye and the top halves of her two other eyes, she winked, then adjusted her glasses saying "i know so"

I stood up looking at her "i trust you Garnet, thank you. You too Pearl" i said looking at Pearl "I'll talk to him when we get home, he can't avoid me there"