chapter thirteen

Stevens POV

It's been about a month since (y/n) started living with us, the gems didn't mind it because they knew he'd have nowhere else to live and he uses moms room.

I noticed that he's sort of becoming accustomed to things on earth, he even talks and acts like us now. He helps out when he can, whether it'd be with little homeschool, at the Big doughnut, Lars told me that he likes (y/n)s company, or even at dads car wash, which was where he was today.

He stopped searching for an answer on his diamond form for now, he just wants to explore and have fun for a while, but he didn't mind the other gems finding out who he was, as long as they treated him like a normal gem, not with the high pedestal they put the other diamonds on.

I've also noticed a few little things...my heart skipping a beat whenever he'd smile at me or at all really. He likes to have breakfast with me, he likes to eat, even though he doesn't need it, like the other gems, then there's the way he says my name, as if he's always happy to see me.

"Steven, ready to go? Greg's waiting for us" i was snapped out of my thoughts by Amethyst talking to me. We were supposed to take my van to Its a Wash! Today for its weekly clean but Amythest only wanted to go hang out with dad. I told her that i was ready, got my keys and we were off.

When we got there, dad was busy washing a car, he stopped and greeted us "hey stewball, i can take your van next or our helper can do it, he's been helping all day" i was confused because i knew dad usually washed alone but agreed to the helper.

"Great, (y/n)! Your next client is here" dad yelled and my heart sank, i thought he he was going to only hang out here aftwer being at little homeschool, not help out. He walked out of nowhere and smiled when he saw me. My face was as red as the shirt that clung to his wet body.

"Steven! I didn't know you'd be coming, I'm helping your dad today" he said walking over to me as Amethyst ran off into the building to do her own thing. "I didn't know you would be here" i lied trying to get my flush to go away "Pearl asked me to come help here because i couldn't sit stil while she was teaching" he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck

"So, can i have your heart?"