Chapter 1: The beginning

My name is Sakura Haruno. I am at the top of my class in the Academy. Although, that is only in the brain department. I am not nearly as strong physically as I am with my mind. I knew as a child that I was gifted. Gifted in a way not of having a special power due to a clan, or having a unique ability to set me aside from others, Gifted in my intellect and ability to store information and knowledge. I always knew it would all come in handy, and help me gain advantages in learning ninja techniques.

I was born in a normal family. Well, if you would call my family normal. My parents wanted to have a boy, they wanted to raise a strong male child that would become a strong ninja and make them proud. But, they had me. A girl. My parents barely paid attention to me. It was as if they wished I wasn't even born. The only time I see my parents is once a month, since now that I'm old enough to take care of myself, there always traveling.

When I was younger, I would spend most of my time in the library. I was always fascinated with the knowledge these leathered books filled with paper kept. Everything I read, I remembered. Stored it. Kept it hidden inside my brain. I understood each technique and mentally prepared myself and taught myself how to do them. Of course never actually completing these techniques, I only started reading in the library when I was two. There was no possible way I could ever even imagine to try to attempt such moves at a young age. But nonetheless, I kept reading.

Since I was always in the library, I didn't socialize much. I didn't really feel the need to want a friend, or to go out and play in the grass. I was very content in the library, the quiet, all knowing, library.

Everything changed when I met a boy, about my age, all alone.

----------

Step by step, two small feet walked calmly across the road. A little girl, about seven was walking towards the library to find a good book to read. Her bright pink hair laid on her shoulders while her bangs, split in he middle and brushed to either side, showed her small face. She was almost half way when her big curious emerald eyes found a small boy, sitting on the ground head in hands. Sakura immediately recognized him from the academy. He was in her class. He lifted his head as Sakura stopped beside him.

The boys light yellow hair usually matching his energetic personality seemed to only match the sun held high in the sky. His bright blue eyes met her own. His eyes, usually brighter then the blue morning sky seemed to be sorrowful and sad. Still with the light blue hue, but no energetic energy. The boy was the Hokage's son. And he was sad.

"H-hello...?" He asked suddenly.

"hello, are you okay? you look sad."

"I-I'm fine... just some dumb kids at my school were picking on me.. that's all." Dumb kids? From his school? From our school?

"Well, what did they say? because its probably not true. Kids can be really mean and just pick on people for fun."

"They said... they said that I can never be Hokage because I'm too weak.."

"Hokage?" He nodded. I giggled slightly, making the small boy look at me, with a mix of confusion and sadness. "Silly! of course your not strong enough! Yet. I bet, if you try and train as hard as you can, you can achieve your dreams, and become the greatest Hokage this village has ever seen!"

Sakura hadn't really had much human contact, but she read in a book, how to help people as in encourage them and be their friend. If she were to ever get one. The boy's bright blue eyes seemed to almost glow brighter at her words. "You really think so??"

"I know so!"

"Your right! I'm going to be the best Hokage! I will train hard and no one can stop me!" Sakura smiled at her classmate. The boy got up and looked at Sakura, almost embarrassed.

"By the way I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I probably should have introduced myself"

"Oh, Right I'm Sakura Haruno, I'm in your class at the Academy." The young boy, Naruto, seemed to have a sudden realization, his eyes widened and his face flushed red with embarrassment.

"Wait- oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I recognize you now! you the girl with the pink hair who always sits alone! I'm sorry I didn't recognize you!"

"It's alright Naruto, I don't really talk to people, I'm honestly surprized you notice I was there at all." Naruto seemed to take a second to think.

"Well, aren't you lonely.. all alone?"

"Not really, I have lots of books I can read-"

"BOOKS!? No way! don't you have any friends you hang out with?? any at all?????" Sakura shook her head slightly, pondering why the blond cared so much if she had any friends. "Nuh uh! that wont do! I'm going to be your friend!" Sakura lifted one eyebrow in question. "I cant have you being alone! I'll be your friend! I promise!" With that he held out his pinky finger at the young girl. Sakura took a second to think over what the energetic boy was inquiring. But, in the end, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a friend. Maybe it could be nice. So, she extended her own pinky finger, and Naruto sealed his promise in a simple childish way. This lead to a promising bond.

(that it for chapter one, chapter two will be posted soon.)