Chapter 26: Team 4 Sleepover!

"Aw man!"

"I win again."

"No fair!"

"Well, it is fair, I am just better then you."

"You have had more experience!"

"So?"

"I just learned how to play!"

"And?"

"And, you have played this for years!"

"How do you know that?"

"Shikamaru, I have seen you play it at lunch in the academy."

"Really? Why were you watching me?"

My eyes widened, a faint pink dusted my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Well, I just noticed it!"

"Alright then."

"When is Shino coming?"

I decided to change the subject, I didn't like being questioned when I knew or had noticed things.

"Soon. We can put the game away if you want."

"Yes pleaseeee I cant take another loss!" He smirked, and started to gather up the game. Suddenly, a knocking could be heard loud and clear.

"I got it!" I jumped up from the ground and almost bolted to his front door. Hearing only a small chuckle from behind me as I dashed out. I pulled the dark door open to see -if on cue- Shino standing there with a small bag in one of his hands. He had a small smile on his lips which I noticed as soon a I saw him.

"Am I late?"

"Only by.... maybe like an hour."

"Oh? Well I'm sorry, what did I miss?" Shino asked as I moved to the side for him to enter.

"Only me getting my butt beat in Shoji. Like 50 times." I shut the door behind him and started guiding him towards Shikamaru' s room.

"Ah.. yes he is very good at the game."

"Yeah, physical proof for that."

We walked into the neat room where Shikamaru was waiting for us.

"Took you long enough."

"Sorry, I don't have a very good excuse for being late."

"I knew it."

I watched the two boys almost playfully bicker back and fourth.

"Okay, okay, what should we do now that everyone is here?"

"Sleep."

"... Shino what should we do?" I watched as Shikamaru sighed. He knew we weren't gonna sleep.

"Well, we could do many things, star gazing for when it gets dark could be fun."

"Oh! I like that idea!!! how about we help your mom make super? It should be dark after we are done eating then we can go stargazing! Then we can sleep and head out to training together!"

"That sounds like a plan. But do we have to help the troublesome woman? Cant we just hang out here? She is probably done anyway."

And as if on cue again, there came a knock on Shikamaru' s door.

"Hello kids! My name is Yoshino Nara, you can call be Yoshino. Dinner is ready so make your way to the dining room right away alright?"

"Hai!"

"Alright."

"Thanks Mom."

Us three followed Shikamaru' s Mom to a dining room. The delicious scents of the food before us filled my nose, reminding me of my hunger. We all sat down and immediately dug in. The beautiful taste of the fresh cooked vegetables, meat, rice, and more pleased my greedy taste buds. The warm food was better then any cooking I have ever done in my life!

------------

"Thank you Yoshino, The meal was very delicious."

"Hai, Thank you for the meal."

"Thanks Mom."

"Of course you three! You all run along now, go have fun! And remember to go to bed at a reasonable time, you still have to get up tomorrow!"

"Hai!"

The three of us made our way out of Shikamaru' s house, and onto its roof. We all laid down next to each other. Shikamaru placed his hands under his head in a relaxed position. Shino did the same and I soon followed. The roof was not very comfortable for my head. I let my gaze trace itself through the pathway of scattered stars in the sky. It was a comfortable silence, one that made time seem to pause and make us all relax. It was moments like these where I was glad to have these two on my team. We all seemed to be so at ese with each other so fast. It was almost like we had been best friends or years.

I was snapped out of my trance by Shino who nudged me and pointed to the other side of me. I looked over, confused, until my gaze was met with a sleeping Shikamaru. I let a small giggle escape my mouth as I started to get up.

"Your carrying him."