Chapter 10: Visiters from the Sand

No ones Pov

"Is everyone here?" Asked the voice of a sunny haired Hokage. He looked over at all of the high ranked Jonin in the dark room. Each Jonin had a team. He spotted Kurenai who he talked to just hours before. Kakashi, who seemed as cool as ever. Everyone looked expectantly at the Hokage. He looked over at Iruka who was also there, even if he didn't have a team, the old academy sensei was probably here just to see what will be happening further with his old students regarding the Chunin exams coming up. He watched as he received nods from the Jonin in front of him.

"Alright, today were here to discuss the Genin we will be placing into the Chunin exams. If I call your name stat your team and who you recommend from it. You all know how this goes so no arguing." The bright blue eyes from the speaker scanned his silent crowd. The Hokage smiled before continuing.

"Alight, Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma please step up to the front." All three Jonin stepped up.

"My name is Kakashi Hatake, I am the Jonin of team seven involving the Genin Hinata Hyuga, Sasuke Uchiha, and Naruto Uzumaki. I recommend all three of them."

"My name is Asuma Sarutobi, I am the Jonin for team Ten Involving Ino, Choji and Kiba. I recommend all three of them."

"My name is Kurenai Yuhi, I am the Jonin for team four Involving Shikamaru Nara, Shino Aburame, and Sakura Haruno. I also recommend all three of them."

At this, Iruka gasped in shock. "But Hokage! I know those students! I trained them at the academy! There not ready for those exams! Especially not Haruno! She doesn't have the physical aspect for it!" These words made Kurnai tense. The two Jonin beside her seemed unbothered, but this was her kid! and she knew how hard Sakura has been training, and ho much her team has improved. She wasn't going to let Iruka stomp all over that, no matter what he thinks! The Hokage was about t reply when she burst out.

"Excuse me, but these children are Genin and they are out of your care. You have no idea what they can do and or how they may have improved since you last saw them, especially Sakura! I will not have you trash talk my student or anyone on my team. I have recommend them because I feel they are ready. Now mind your own business and get or stay quiet!" Iruka was about to object when the Hokage interrupted him.

"I agree. They are not your students anymore Iruka. Trust the opinions of their Sensei's."

"But Hokage-"

"No buts! That concludes the meeting for today. Those nine Genin will go into the Chunin exams. You are all dismissed."

Kurenai left the meeting, still feeling the anger for him underestimating her team. She ignored the surprised looks of Kakashi and Asuma as she left. Her sudden outburst wasn't like her, but she deeply cared about her team and wasn't going to let anyone trash talk her team no matter who they were.

Her steam cooled a little after she got outside. Her stride slowed and she started walking calmly. She couldn't wait to tell her students.

Sakura Pov

I was walking with Hinata, we were just hanging out and catching up. It had been a while since we have done that. All of a sudden we both heard some yells.

"Hey let him go!"

"Boss help me!"

We both ran in the direction of the noise, immediately spotting Naruto, and a small boy with dark hair in a high pony. The small boy was being held by his shirt collar by a boy maybe one or two years older then up with something wrapped up on his back, and purple markings o his face. A blonde girl with four ponytails and with a giant closed fan on her back stood beside him. She held a board expression on her face. I looked up at there headbands. Village hidden in the sand.

"Come on Kankuro, let him go."

"Come on Temari. let me have some fun."

So. Kankuro and Temari are there names.

"You better let him go! Or your going to have to face me, Believe it!"

"Hah kid. you think you scare me?" The boy remarked smirking.

"Hey leave them alone!" Hinata and I jogged up the two sand ninjas.

"Oh look more fun." I rolled my eyes at his remark. I started to sense a familiar chakra. He was about to say something else when a rock suddenly bounced off him. "Ow- what the!?" Everyone's eyes looked over to the source of the thrown rock. A tree, where a raven haired Uchiha sat. Sasuke smirked, pleased with the response of the other boy. The so called Kankuro dropped the young boy and looked up at Sasuke, clearly upset. "Why you-" Suddenly a new chakra.

"Kankuro that's enough." Both of the sand ninjas looked at another branch, I followed there gaze to see a red headed boy, with the same sand ninja headband on his arm. A giant gorge on his back, filled with sand I presumed. Sasuke and the boy both jumped down at the same time.

"G-Gaara??" The boy with purple on his face asked. The red haired boy, Gaara I presumed, seemed to make the other two almost a little nervous and they immediately backed down. Gaara turned and looked at us. His eyes lingered on me for a moment. Making my heart jump. What's wrong with me?? All I know is his name yet his aura and chakra seems so powerful. Like the nine tailed fox inside of Naruto but different at the same time. His eyes moved to Sasuke.

"Your name?"

"Sasuke Uchiha."

He glanced over at me again, his eyes seeming to scan me. Was he sizing me up for a battle? Was he judging me? Why was he looking at me like that?

"And you?"

"Sakura Haruno.." He seemed to lock eyes with me. I gazed into his strong yet dull eyes filled with an almost confused and interested look.

"How about me ah? Don't you wanna know my name??" Our shared glance broke as we turned to see Naruto.

"No." He said plainly. I couldn't help but giggle at the face of disappointment and sadness. Naruto pouted and crossed his arms. I stopped giggling and looked back at the red haired boy. He was staring at me, studying me. Once we locked eyes again we both looked away. Naruto was still having a fit when the three sand Ninja left. I almost forgot about the trembling girl behind me.

"Its alright Hinata, there gone." The pale eyed girl hugged me tight shaking slightly.

"O-oh my gos-h S-Sakura that was s-o s-scary. Did y-you see the-m?? W-why were they he-ere? They looked so t-tough! T-there definetly not from a-around here." I nodded. Sasuke looked over at us and Naruto started to complain about not wanting to know his name. Murmurs of "I'm gonna be Hokage then you wont disrespect me-" Seemed to be heard by the group.

"Your right Hinata, those are sand Ninjas. They are from the village hidden In the sand."

"Then why are they here?" Sasuke made his way towards us, clearly already not liking the ninjas.

"They must be here for the Chunin exams."