Chapter 14: Snakes Neck

It had been almost two days till we finally found team seven. And not in a good way. Slightly panicked, Shikamaru gave out orders.

"Shino, go get Naruto and bring him to safety, anywhere. I will go get Hinata, Sakura get Sasuke. Be careful guys. We will meet up after."

"Hai."

Jumping on trees silently we all masked our chakra. Naruto was hanging unconscious from a Kunai pinning him to a tree, he looked completely exhausted and hurt. Bruises and cuts scattered across his face. I forced my eyes over to Hinata. She was shaking. Her eyes full with pure fear. She looked as if she was paralyzed, standing there with small clear diamond tears falling from her innocent lavender eyes. Her expression alone could make anyone's heart clench, not even counting the cuts littered across her. My eyes focused on a sight that almost scared me, but instead fueled me with rage. A long snake like man started slithering his neck, reaching it towards Sasuke. Sasuke looked beaten. Pain and a hint of helplessness escaped his usual plastered face.

My heart thumped faster. Pounding violently against my chest.

My feet moved swifter, without thought I could feel the cold wind against my sides as I moved.

My eyes focused onto the snake like looking man, who had he same chakra feel as the grass nin.

My fist clenched, hard as I raised it.

I closed into view.

I neared him just as he got close to the seemingly statue like Sasuke.

Suddenly, I was right there, right by the strange snake like mans head. Without a second thought...

*BAM*

His head slammed into a nearby tree. The next thing I heard was a crack. A splitting bone.

"Youuuu ssssssstupid girl." But he couldn't finish his sentence. I felt another chakra. Not one of a Genin.

"Get out of here Maggot! Ill cover you." I didn't think twice, I picked up Sasuke who immediately fell unconscious, and leaped from tree branch to tree branch away. I knew my teammates were gone and somewhere safe because I couldn't feel their chakra signatures near. That was good, they were far away. But now, how was I going to find them?

I guess it doesn't matter. As long as we are all safe we can find each other later.

But... what if there not safe?

I just have to believe they are. I need to have faith.

Right, focus on this cute boy your carrying-

Inner cut it out we need to focus!

Right right, sorry.

I neared a tree, with a hollowed out bit in the trunk. I carefully scanned for any nearby signatures of chakra before landing there. I placed Sasuke down and started bandaging all that I could with the small limited bit of bandages I kept in one of my pouches. Then, when I was sure I did all I could, I started to set traps. This was not going to be an easy wait. I was almost 100% sure we would be attacked, this could give me an advantage and I wanted to be able to try to alert myself if I were to ever fall asleep, that danger was near. Little did I know, I would need more then that to give me an advantage.

Shikamaru POV

It has been an hour. Hinata and I had met up with Shino, but none of us had any bandages. Luckily none of Naruto's injuries were too bad. He would live. The point was we couldn't find Sakura. I was sure she got away, but I knew we needed to find her, have strength in numbers. I looked over at Shino.

"Is that bug still on her?"

"Hai, it is about time we should find her. I am growing worried."

"I agree. You can still carry Naruto right?"

"Yes, Hinata can you follow us? Do you feel strong enough?"

"Y-yes.. lets go find Sakura!" The small girls voice became more confident as she spoke. I gave a nod, and we were back up in the trees, following Shino.

Sakura POV

I was worthless.

I was helpless.

There I was, unable to protect Sasuke. Lee was sprawled on the ground, and me? I was kneeling at the hands of one of the sound ninja. They were holding my hair. I wasn't going to let them kill Sasuke. I had to keep going. I had to win! This was above me!

Come on outer! Get up! Cut your hair! Think about it later! Put all your training to use! Show them what you can do!

I didn't think twice. I pulled out an Kunai from my pouch. I wasn't going to be the same useless all brain no brawn girl from the academy.

"I already told you that wont work on-" I cut her off as I sliced through my hair. The impact and loose tension made her lose balance. Without a thought sparred, my leg swopped under hers making her fall. I made a fist with my hand and drew it back. In a second I made contact. She fell to the ground. My ears were ringing. I couldn't hear the yelling and insults the other sound ninjas made to my sudden strike. But I did feel one of there chakras start running towards me.

I took a breathe.

I prepared my balance.

I focused.

With the girl just getting up from the ground, one of her teammates were about to strike me with a punch, no jutsu. A move with no thought behind it but made with pure rage. I dodged, grabbed his wrist, and in a swift movement directed his attack to the girl. They both flew into an on coming tree. Suddenly my ears rang louder and felt like they were going to burst. My head felt pure pain in a banging rhythm, making my clench it in a attempt to stop it. Stop the pain. A sudden impact threw my head to the ground with my body following.

At least Sasuke is safe while there focused on me.

Yes, don't worry we will just die but at least Sasuke is safe.

I ignored inner as I felt more impact. The sound jutsu making my head pound, the kicking impact sending a lasting pain into my fallen body, and a new slicing sensation scattering my body. All I could do, was scream.