Chapter 15: Meeting up once again

All I could see was darkness. My eyelids were clenched as all I could do was try to live through this agonizing pain. Until.. my hearing started to clear a little and all the commotion around me seemed to pause. The slicing, the kicking, leaving the pain that came from them still stinging my skin and some even deeper. I felt a warm liquid trickle down my arms, my legs, my body. That didn't concern me. What made my clenched eyes flutter open was the sound of a onyx eyed boy. His voice filled with rage and anger. Dripping with a killing intent. I didn't dare try to lift my head, the stinging pain made me decide not to. But I knew it was him.

"What are you doing to her?"

His voice, dripping like venom, sunk into the ground, filling the silence.

"I said, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

He yelled, infuriated. I felt the chakra of the three ninja by me step back. In fear. Sasuke's chakra was suddenly in front of me. Shielding me almost. Soon, I heard a scream, and them a sound only to be described as threes falling down like dominos. The girl was thrown.

"H-hey man! were sorry! We didn't mean to! Here take our scroll!"

"You think I care about that? Your going to pay for what you did to her."

"Hey- AH-" More trees falling. He was thrown to. I suddenly felt the chakra of the last sound ninja by the one who was just thrown. He quickly got his teammates and was about to escape when Sasuke started to charge at them. He was going to kill them. I couldn't let him do that.

"S-Sasuke..."

I felt a sudden stop in movement of his chakra. The other three escaped and suddenly he was at my side. He growled a little, knowing he let them go, but I needed him.

"Sakura, I'm here. Can I move you? Into the tree trunk? Do you think I can?" I tried to stifle a nod. He must of noticed because the next thing I knew he lifted me up, I bit down on my lower lip as not to yell in pain. He also seemed to notice that too. Soon I was on the ground again. I had my eyes clenched together again. I could barely make out his mumbled words.

"I'm going to make them pay for this.. Stay with me Sakura. Stay awake! I'm going to go check and see if Lee has any bandages on him. I'm going to help you, just stay with me okay?"

"o..kay.." I focused on staying awake. I heard Sasuke's feet shuffle. I kept my eyes shut, trying to reserve any energy so I could stay awake. A moment later I heard the footsteps return.

"Sakura, Sakura I'm back, Sakura are you still awake?" I lifted my eyelids slightly, just enough for Sasuke to sigh with relief.

"I found these bandages from one of Lee's pouches. Stay awake okay? I'm going to start bandaging you!" I stayed still, soon the soft fabric started to wrap around me. I waited as he continued to bandage me with the little he had. I couldn't help but worry. Not for me, but for him. Finding the new courage and strength to speak, I asked.

"A-are you okay..?" He seemed to freeze. It took him a second before he continued to wrap up my other arm.

"What do you mean am I okay??? Your over here looking half dead and all I have is a few scratches! Sakura you could have died!"

"I am just so glad your alive right now."

"Sakura.. I'm sorry I couldn't get there sooner. I could have helped.."

"Sasuke, you have done more then enough... thank you so much.."

"Of course Sakura. I will always be here for you. Now get some rest. And don't die on me." I suddenly felt that the moving of bandages around me had stopped and I was all wrapped up. I felt a smile form on my lips.

"Sure thing.. just return the favor and don't die on me either." With that said, I let myself drift off.

Shikamaru POV

We have been jumping on trees for about twenty minutes before Shino started to slow down. I noticed a clearing up ahead. Without a thought, Shino jumped down and looked around. I followed him, but also noticed Lee on the ground, and blood in a puddle gathered over maybe six meters from him. A fight had commenced here. I held up my hand, signaling for them to wait.

"Hello? Sakura? Sasuke? It's me, Shikamaru. We have Naruto and Hinata and Shino here to." Slowly I say a figure in bandages crawl out of the trunk of a tree. It must have been hallow but because of the way we were facing the tree, it seemed as if it was a strong and sturdy. I first noticed the dark hair and onyx eyes. Sasuke.

"Don't come any closer! Hinata! If you are truly who you say you are then when is the best time for a ninja to strike?"

"I- um- I- Night is the best time for a ninja to strike! It.. uh- helps when your being stealthy and-"

"Okay. It's you."

"Sasuke where is Sakura?"

"..." I looked at him worriedly.

"She is okay.. come in here. we can take shelter together. Hinata you still have the earth scroll?" She nodded. "I just got a heaven scroll. Come on, its dangerous to be out here like this." He went back into the tree, as we all followed him. The sight I saw, was horrific. My team member, was covered in bandages. Sasuke had her head laid on his lap as she slept unconsciously. His expression was hinted with worry, although he masked it well.

Shino laid Naruto down on the ground as we all sat around the inside of the trunk walls. I let myself watch Sakura as she laid there. I needed to know what happened.

"What happened Sasuke.."

"... Three sound ninjas attacked while I was unconscious. When I woke up I managed to get them off Sakura. I broke the one guys arms. The others didn't go unharmed either. Lee was on the ground when I got there. I took his bandages and left to help Sakura." I nodded as he concluded. I heard two people jump down, they must have been watching and came to collect Lee, they left without a word to us. That didn't concern me, what did was that my teammate was unconscious.

"What's the plan Shikamaru?" Shino looked at me.

"We all set out for the building tomorrow. If Sakura is unconscious Sasuke will carry her. Naruto should be conscious soon. We all head and get there together, since each team has both scrolls I don't see a problem with our teamwork. People are probably waiting by the building for us to steal our scrolls, we will just have to see through the deception. That okay with you two?" I looked over at Hinata, then Sasuke. They both nodded. Silently, we all rested. I couldn't help feeling helpless when I glanced at Sakura. So, I closed my eyes. I had to be positive like she always was. I needed it have faith.