Chapter 34: Their Return

~~Minato's Pov~~

I stood by the window. Looking down at the entrance of the Hokage tower. There they were. There he was.

"Its been four years.. Naruto."

I sat down at my desk, as leaf shinobi piled into the room. Face after face, smile after smile. The only one not smiling, was Ino. She was convinced to leave her friend behind. I understand how she feels. Maybe I can convince the Kazekage to let her transfer to..

"DAD!!! LOOK! IM BACK! AND I BROUGHT SASUKE TEME TOO!" I let myself be happy, smile at my son. Before I rely the news. Lifting from my desk, I walked over to him, and wrapped my arms around him. I heard a laugh, then felt his arms around me.

I ended the hug shortly, and looked over at everyone. Including the Uchiha.

"Welcome back everyone. I am so glad to have you all back." Most of them grinned while Ino looked down, ashamed.

"I'm glad to be back! Where is everyone?? I cant wait to see them again! Especially Sakura Chan!!!" I let my smile fall.

"Huh? Minato Sensei what's wrong?"

"Oh its just.. Everyone sit down." Some took a seat, while others gathered around my desk as I sat down.

"You see, Sakura and five others were transferred to the village hidden in the sand."

"WHAT!? WHY!?"

"Naruto calm down!"

"Thank you Kakashi, Now, I'm sure this is surprising. But your sudden leave, was a little hard on them. When I gave them the offer, they immediately jumped on it. They have been living in Suna for about three years now." They all shared expressions of hurt, but the one who hurt the most, was Ino.

"Ino, She left you a reply." Everyone's head turned to her.

"Reply? Did you write to her while we were on our mission???"

"No.. before.." She stepped up and I pulled a letter out of my desk and handed it to her. Everyone's eyes were on her and the letter, as she slowly opened it up.

"Privacy anyone?" At my words, everyone immediately spun their heads in different directions.

Dear Ino,

I would like to start by saying thank you for writing to me. I read your entire letter and kept it with me when I moved. It means so much to me that you would write to me. I understand that you had no choice. I am glad you left with them. Although I have a small hatred to those who left, they were my friends, and I don't wish them to be dead.
Don't worry, I will be very happy in Suna. I have also asked the Kazekage, he said that you can transfer here if you would like. Since I have been promoted to a active shinobi, they need someone skilled for the hospital. Hinata, Neji, Tenten, Shikamaru, Shino, and I all send you our regards. Please come visit when you get this. I would love to see you again Ino pig.
-Sakura

The young girl almost broke out in tears. I turned my attention to everyone else.

"Since you have all left the village without my permission, you will get a punishment. It wont be too bad, for the shinobi who went to retrieve Sasuke, its no missions for three months. Sasuke, you will have no missions for five, and you will be monitored by ANBU during that time. Ino, you have been requested to go work at the Suna hospital. Because you came to me before leaving, you are aloud to go there if you wish." I smiled as the boys jaws dropped.

"W-WHAT!? B-BUT WE DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG???"

"Naruto, just because your father is the Hokage doesn't mean you can yell at him. These punishments seem fitting, due to what we did."

"BUT WE WENT TO GET SASUKE TEME BACK!"

"That doesn't mean anything. Alright?" I smiled as my son huffed in annoyance.

I'm sorry to do this Naruto. But this is for the best. Wait till you get home to your mother..

"Thank you Kakashi, you are all dismissed." As people started to leave, I whispered under my breath to Ino. "I expect you to let me know before you leave." I saw her smile, as she rushed out with the others.