Chapter 17: Finally Awake

Sakura POV

My ears started to ring as I started to become aware of my senses. My body felt heavy and tired, but not as bruised and stinging as I thought it would feel. I could still feel the wrapping feeling of the bandages on me. I felt like my body was laid on a soft surface, like a bed. My head felt propped up on anouther soft surface. There was something covering my body, in a almost warn or tight kind of hug. My left hand felt warm, and almost like it was being squashed.

"Hmm.." I started to try to turn my head. When that didn't work, I lifted my eye lids, watching as the light shone into them, burning them as the room I was in looked like it was spinning rapidly. I waited as the room slowly stopped spinning and a white ceiling with lights filled my view. My eyes trailed over to my left hand, only to be met with the sight of another one grasping it. Someone was holding my hand. I almost panicked until my eyes lifted to the boy beside me. His onyx eyes watching me, his breathe held as if he would make me go unconscious again if he let it out. His face, was filled to the brim with worry. My cheeks dusted a pink hue and heated up when I realized his hand was holding mine. He is holding my hand!

The cute boy has a good grip.

"S-Sakura..?" I looked up into his eyes, letting a smile trace itself onto my lips.

"The one and only.." I whispered. He let his breath go in a sigh of relief. He copied my smile, which soon turned into a frown.

"Don't you ever do that again!"

"Okay, okay, I wont.." I laughed at his serious tone as he let himself smile again. My heart was beating quickly. "Hey.. are we in the building?"

"Yeah, since we all got here two days early, they let medics heal us all up. You have been sleeping for all of yesterday and half of today. Tomorrow is the last day to complete the exam."

"Woah.. I have been asleep that long?"

"Yes, but the nurse said it's a good thing. You should be fully restored with chakra now and all of the injuries you got from your battle with the sound ninja were basically all healed." I saw that his expression seemed to darken at the remark of the battle. My thoughts went back to our hands. I squeezed his hand, earning a pink color to appear on his cheeks, his eyes shot back to mine as I smiled. Our eyes remained locked as we just stared at each other. His deep onyx eyes peering into my emerald ones. Time seemed to pause. Until the door flew open and Sasuke got into a protective position in front of me. I looked over his shoulder, I saw Naruto who was dragging Hinata. I slowly softened my tense muscles as Naruto glared at Sasuke.

Hinata glanced over to me just to have her face shower with relief. A small smile curved into her lips as she looked at me. I reflected her smile and watched as her eyes drifted to my hand. Which was still clenching Sasuke's. My face immediately heated up to a bright red color as I watched Hinata Stifle laugh. I looked over to see Naruto still clenching Hinata's wrist from when he dragged her. Now it was Hinata's turn to flush red and my turn to stifle laugh. The silent presence of each other was soothing. And almost made me forget about the two boys who were doing rival stuff.

"Teme."

"Dobe."

"Teme!"

"Dobe!"

"TEME"

"DOBE"

"TEME!"

"DOBE!"

"TEME!!!"

"DOBE!!!"

"TEME!!!!!!!"

I looked at Hinata and she nodded.

"DOB-"

I squeezed Sasuke's hand, catching his attention while Hinata tugged on Naruto's arm.

"Sasuke, the noise is kind of hurting my ears.. there still ringing a little.."

"N-naruto kun.. please don't be so loud your scaring me a little.."

Both boys immediately shut up.

"Of course Sakura, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I will keep it quiet."

"Oh sorry Hinata! I didn't mean to scare you! You must still be shaken up from what happened! I'll try to stay quiet for you!"

Hinata and I both smiled. We both smiled at the two boys. Their rivalry can be irritating but funny sometimes.