Chapter 12: The exams begin!

Tap. Tap. Tap. Shikamaru kept tapping his foot on the ground. His inpatients showing, he muttered: "What a drag." I know what he means. We have been waiting here for quiet a while. The anticipation of what the exam has to come has left me calculating and going over everything I know. Fighting tactics, fighting skills, and everything I learned in the Academy. This exam could be anything. I knew I had to be prepared.

"What are you two thinking?" I jumped a little at the sudden break of silence between the three of us. Shikamaru and I both turned to Shino.

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said Shikamaru, what are you both thinking? This silence is filled with thoughts."

"..."

"We are a team. We must trust each other in order-"

"Yeah yeah, I trust you guys, sigh. I'm just thinking about the tests. Like are they written? Physical? The options could be endless. what if we aren't prepared?" Shino looked at Shikamaru for a minute, before turning to me.

"Sakura?"

"..hm?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Oh.. I was just reviewing everything I know in my mind. Just trying to be prepared yknow?" He looked at me for another minute, before looking away.

"Shikamaru, I wouldn't worry about the tests. Were the smartest in our year, we can take anything on as a team. And Sakura, don't stress about it either, we have trained so much that I am sure we can take on any challenge, and create a plan with out even speaking." I smiled, nodding in agreement. He was right. We got this!

"Your right. maybe this wont be such a drag after all."

------------

"This is such a drag."

"This is the written component o the exam. No cheating. If you are caught cheating your team will be disqualified and you will leave..." The Jonin trailed off. I listened impatiently. This was a written test. Thank goodness! I can ace this, Shikamaru can ace this, Shino can ace this. But the point of this test came simple and easy to me. Of course! He kept saying the consequences for cheating. That's the test. He wants us to cheat. I looked over at Shikamaru, then Shino. I locked eyes with each of them and then nodded. I hope they can realize what I did.

"And so, when you get your test you can begin."

Easy. I nodded twice. I had finished the whole test in 10 minutes, making sure everything was right. I suddenly felt the shadow possession jutsu on me. I started tracing all my answers as Shikamaru mirrored my movements. After a few minutes, I felt the jutsu leave. I let my eyes trail over to him for a split second as he looked over at all his copied answers. He seemed to agree as well, then he possessed Shino to have him copy the answers. This was a piece of cake.

I suddenly felt the pull and strain of another soul in my body. Ino! Ino that pig! I won't let her posses us! CHA! My inner yelled. Agreeing, I suddenly resisted the Jutsu. With all my power I focused and finally pushed Ino out of my mind. Satisfied, I heard Ino make a remark from behind me.

"What the heck!?" She mumbled.

I turned my test over so no one else could copy off it then waited for the tenth question.

"Number 6! You and your team are out!"

"Number 92!"

"Number 12!"

-----

"If you chose to take the tenth question and fail, you and your team will fail the whole test and remain Genin for the rest of your life. If you think the stakes are too high, you and your team are free to resign." I looked and saw many people immediately burst out in protests. Wow. I Glanced over at Shikamaru, Shino doing the same. Whatever he figures we will do. He seemed to think for a moment before he nodded once. We all remained in our seats.

Naruto suddenly stood up nd gave what I guessed as a encouraging speech. I zoned out through all of it, letting my mind wonder. I was sensing all of the chakra in the room. One suddenly catching my eye. I felt the chakra of someone powerful. Definitely not a Genin, but it wasn't one of the people watching us. So, someone was posing as a Genin. What could they want? Doesn't matter. We have to make sure the other leaf Genin are safe from them! I agree inner. We will keep an eye on them. CHA! I was pulled from my thoughts when a window suddenly crashed in and a purple haired Jonin flew into the room with a banner. Guess we were zoned out for longer then we thought. Whoops. The 10th question was probably something dumb like "seeing through the deception" or "you passed because you stayed" That second one seems more realistic. It was probably because a ninja should always see a mission through- Yeah yeah. Look, everyone is leaving! Lets beat this exam! CHA!