Chapter 31: 5 years gone. And a missing Uchiha.

5 years later

~Sakura Pov~

"Shikamaru! Stop hurting yourself with the kunai!" I yelled at him.

"I just wanted to make sure your healing abilities were as amazing as you said they got." He shrugged as I healed his arm for the seventh time. When I finished, I made sure to wack him on the back of the head.

"You didn't need to do it seven times!"

"Oh but I did."

"Uh NO!"

"Say that all you want but it doesn't change the fact that I'm right."

"Your not right!" He earned another smack at the back of his head. I heard a small chuckle from my other side, I looked over to see Shino with a amused expression. I rolled my eyes and walked a little faster, making my teammates catch up to me.

We were just returning from our 3 month long mission. Without Kurenai Sensei. It was difficult, but we were ready, and completed it. I was so proud of this team. We grew so close, it was like we were family.

As we reached the gates of Konoha, the guards -who were awake- faces lightened up.

"Hey! Looky here, its the amazing team four!" I couldn't help but smile.

"Successful mission?" Shikamaru nodded.

"Gosh, I remember when you three were just Genin!"

"And when we had to wake you two up?" I commented before we entered the familiar village. It didn't change at all.

When we got to the Hokages office, I knocked as we entered. I saw the same sunny haired Hokage sitting there.

"Welcome back team four! Before we start the mission briefing, I need to let you in on some.. news." We all filed in and nodded. Shino gently closed the door behind us.

"Firstly, Orochimaru seemed to escape. This only started in a chain of unfortunate events. He placed his curse mark on a singular Uchiha, killing them. Sasuke was enraged, and went rouge seeking to kill the former sannin. This, led to Konoha 11 being created. But, since you three weren't here, without my permission Naruto and some people from that title left to get Sasuke. The people who left were Naruto, Sai, Kiba, Choji, lee, Kakashi, Guy, Yamato, and with some force, Ino. The others who were simply just left behind, were Ten ten and Hinata and Neji. Ino left a letter for you Sakura. She wanted to explain."

I felt myself nod, but my whole body was numb. I started to lose balance when I felt my teammates arms around me.

They left.. without us..? We weren't gone for that long!

I thought our friends were different.

I Felt my heart shatter, and my trust fall. How could they do this..?

"Well, I realise this is hard," My head snapped up in attention. "But.. I am transferring you three to the sand. This is something you can deny, but I think it would be good for you to leave and clear your minds."

"W-what about the ones who didn't go..?" I asked quietly.

"You.. want them to come with you?" I felt myself nod again.

I mean they left the others to. I am not going to do the same. I at least want to give them a chance to come.

"I mean.. We can ask, it is their decision after all. We will be a little short on ninja, but the others will probably be back soon so we could manage. I will summon them to my office, give me a moment." We all watched as the Hokage sent out three birds with scrolls clenched in their claws.

I turned to Shikamaru, who's face seemed to be blank. However I could still see the hints of anger clouding it. He looked down at me. I don't know how I looked. My face fell numb with the rest of me when the news were presented. I did however, feel his arms wrap themselves around me. I let myself fall into his arms as he did. Shino walked over to us, and placed his hand on my shoulder in reassurance.

"We weren't that far away.. they could have waited for us..! We could have all left together.. Why would they even abandon the other three? . why?" I asked. My heart felt like it stopped beating and my chest was left hallow. Everything went quiet.

"I'm not sure. But they always were troublesome kids. What a drag."

"Yes, they could haven't least spread word, they owed at lest that much to the others." I nodded into Shikamaru' s chest. Naruto was my first friend. How could he not even consider to take me? Or tell me for goodness sake!

Just then, I heard a soft knock on the Hokages door. All three of us separated from our embrace and looked towards the door. The Hokage walked in from his balcony to let them in.

"Come in."