Chapter 27: A new mission

-------------

"Good morning guys!" Kurenai Sensei appeared in a puff of smoke in front of us. The three of us gathered in our training ground early so we could go over more fighting stances and formations with our new fighting techniques.

"Morning Sensei!" She smiled at me.

"Now, I'm sure you all want to show me your new moves, but I think the best way to demonstrate that is a mission! So how about it?"

"What a drag.."

"Hai!"

Shino nodded and then we were all off to the Hokage.

---------

"So... D-Rank mission?"

"What a drag."

"Hokage-Sama... Could we have a harder mission please?"

The sunny haired Hokage seemed to ponder in amusement. I could feel myself grow annoyed.

Answer the question! This isn't funny!

"Alright, ill give you.. a B-rank mission." He grabbed a scroll from his desk and held it out for our Sensei to take. She walked up and took it gratefully, as he seemed to be still amused with us.

"This mission as you will find, is a simple escort. You will head to Suna, and escort the Kazekage Gaara to Konoha. Some of his Ninja will be there to. You will leave in an hour."

"Hai!"

We all left quickly after bowing, then packed a backpack each. This could be a long trip. We all met up at the gates as soon as we were done, leaving no room for telling any of my friends I was leaving.

Meeting up at the gates, I saw both my teammates and my Sensei waiting.

"Sorry I was late?"

"I just got here, no worries." I nodded, and we set off.

He said Gaara...

So the red head who had the one tailed beast is the Kazekage?

I guess. Something must have happened in that fight that we didn't see.

I mean we were just lying there unconscious so...

Don't remind me.

"Why were we sent to make sure the Kazekage is safe? What a drag. Were still only Genin."

"Actually..."

"What is it Sensei?"

I was going to ask that.

She cant hear you. -_-

"Well, the Hokage actually wanted to.. well... kind of upgrade you guys. He seemed really impressed with your skills and teamwork. Even if Sakura and Shino didn't get to fight."

"Wait, WHAT??"

"So were all Chunin? Troublesome."

"Thank you for this arrangement. I feel we deserve it with all of our hard work."

"No need to thank me Shino, it was all the Hokages idea." And with those words, we all set off on a faster pace. Suna was days away and we needed to divide that number by two. And we were just told now that we were promoted. Nice.

~~~

"Were here!" Kurenai Sensei stopped at the gates of Suna. We all took a second to catch our breaths while Sensei went over to the guards and started to explain who we were and why we were here. Eventually, they nodded and we all walked through the gates, followed by one of the guards who were leading the way.

~~~

"Come in."

That voice felt familiar. But.. way kinder then I remembered. The guard left us be, as we entered the Kazekage s office. We all bowed in respect. Kurenai was the first to rise.

"Lord Kazekage, I am Kurenai, Jonin of team 4, we were sent from Konoha, village hidden in the leaves to escort you there." The rest of us stood.

"Ah, I thought I still had some time. You all came quicker then I thought you would." I suddenly felt the weights on my wrists and ankles that had been added 20 pounds to today. My muscles were sore and tired. Dang, I'm glad we got here fast but that was tiring!

"I expect you all to be tired, you can all stay the night here, we will leave first thing tomorrow."

"Hai Kazekage Sama!" He nodded to us and gave us a smile as we left.

He definitely changed!

I know! Its like he is a whole new person! He didn't have that blood seeking aura he had when we saw him at the Chunin exams.

Exactly! And now he's Kazekage!? That's sick!

Okay, calm down inner.

Sorry, Its just so cool!

I know!