Chapter 11: Chunin exams

"Hey you three! Good morning. I see your all up bright and early. Well, today we don't have any training to do. Except put more weight on your restraining bands I gave you all." Kurenai Sensei looked at us. We were gathered at our usual forest training ground, but today was different.

"What do you mean we don't have any training today?" The lazy boy asked.

"Well Shikamaru, I recommended you all for the Chunin exams! it is completely your choice to take, and you get to take it as a team! If you pass the test, you become Chunins. You may have noticed other ninjas here, that's because Genin from all the villages have come to participate. And no training so that you have time to think it over, exams start in one week. If you would like to take it I would advice you start training and perfecting your skills." Our Sensei nodded at us. We each took a permission\sign up sheet and our sensei left.

"I think I'm going to take the exam."

"If your going I'm going. Watching you would be such a drag."

"I also want to take the exam. So its agreed upon?"

"Yeah. This is going to me fun."

"It could be troublesome."

"Oh lighten up Shikamaru! Anyway, we shout start perfecting our Justus and more. We need to prepare and make sure ere ready."

"I agree."

"Troublesome."

-----1 Week Later-----

Stepping into the building, we started to find our way to the classroom where we would wait for the exam to start. When we reached the building, two kids were guarding the door to the supposed classroom. I looked over at Shikamaru who only nodded. This had to be a trap or test. I glanced over at Shino, just as I heard someone's name pop out from the crowd.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. Now tell me yours." I directed my attention over to two boys. One, the raven haired youngest Uchiha, the other, a boy with thick black eyebrows and short mushroom like cut hair. He had determination spread all over his face.

"I am Rock Lee." He stared at Sasuke, before his gaze shifted to me. His eyes lit up as he pushed past Sasuke and walked right up to me. "Hello, what is your name?"

"I- uh-? My name is Sakura Haruno.."

"Sakura Haruno, you are beautiful. Will you be my girlfriend? I promise to always protect you!"

"I- What!? We just met! And I don't need anyone to protect me." I huffed and walked away from the boy. I walked past Sasuke who had a humored expression on his face. I could hear my two teammates follow up behind me as we kept walking. That door where the two Genin wouldn't let anyone in, it definitely wasn't the classroom we had to wait in. It must have been a test. But I wasn't so sure that it was quite that obvious to other teams. I started to grow a little worried for Sasuke and Hinata's team. Although.. If I send them a chakra signal will they follow us? Worth a try right? I focused some chakra into my feat and made it beat like a pulse, one that only Sasuke could feel. I didn't even look back, I felt all three of there chakras start to follow us.

"That small test was such a drag. It was so obvious." I looked over at Shikamaru.

"Was it? Or are we just smart?"

"More like suspicious of everything." We both turned out gaze to Shino. "What? Its true." Soon I saw Naruto right beside me.

"Sakura Chan! where are you going? The waiting classroom was back that way-!" I felt Sasuke and Hinata's auras before I saw them.

"You dobe. It was a test."

"A test before the exams even started!? How is that fair??" Sasuke rolled his eyes at Naruto's remark.

"Its not Naruto, but I have a feeling these exams are going to be everything but fair." I glanced at Naruto whom seemed to be deep in thought.

"Hm I guess your right Sakura Chan!"

"Uh- um.. I.. S-Sakura Chan..?" I looked over at the light lavender eyed girl. Hinata's hands were fidgeting as she tried to speak to me. Being in a big group made her nervous.

"Yes Hinata?"

"Um.. I forgot to ask b-but... Are you feeling okay..? You know.. because of what happened on that Mission..?" I smiled at her.

"Yes, I feel fine. It feels like nothing happened." She smiled back at me. By this time, we reached the actual classroom.

"Good luck!"