Chapter 22: The Exams come again

OH NO. OH SHOOT.

RUN FASTER YOU LAZY BUTT!

I AM TRYING!

WERE GONNA BE LATE!

I KNOW!!!

THEN HURRY UP!

I. AM. TRYING.

----An hour or so previously---

"Alright! Good job Maggots! You have both improved immensely!"

"Yes, you both have been doing a good job. Now, today is the day of the exam. It starts at 2-"

"No.. It starts at 1 Kakashi."

"...Oh.. eh heh.. heh.."

"Kakashi..? What time is it?"

"Uh..."

"...Kakashi?"

"....1..-"

"WHAT!? Okay, we can probably make it there just in time to miss only the first match-"

"......30..."

"1:30!?!?!?!? MAGGOTS WE BETTER GET GOING! RUN AS FAST AS THOSE LEGS CAN CARRY YOU!"

I turned to Sasuke who looked wide-eyed at me.

"Uh oh..."

---present time---

IT WAS THE STUPID KAKASHI'S FAULT! IF HE HAD THE TIMES RIGHT WE WOULDNT BE IN THIS MESS!!!!

THATS NOT IMPORTANT! WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THAT WE GET OUR BUTTS OVER THERE!!!!!

All four of us were running at top speed through the village. Swerving through the people in the streets and trying not to bump into anyone. Even with inner screaming, I was able to hear what the other three people were saying.

"I can see the building!"

"We all can Kakashi!"

"No need to be upset Anko.."

"HA. HA."

I glanced over at Sasuke. Nudging his shoulder with my elbow, I got his attention.

"We should go on the rooftops. There will be less traffic to dodge." He nodded and we both jumped up onto a nearby roof, keeping the same pace. I sensed the chakra of the two Jonin as they followed us.

Once we got there, we snuck into the arena and Kakashi and Anko went straight to the Hokage. Sasuke and I stood at the back of the seats and caught our breaths. I saw both Jonin approach us moments later.

"Shikamaru and Temari just finished fighting. Sasuke, it is your turn."

"Hn." Sasuke nodded and went down to the battle stage. I glanced to see Gaara waiting there for him and suddenly heard immense cheering. I looked around but couldn't find Dosu anywhere. Where was my opponent?

Maybe he chickened out because were so strong!

I doubt it. We look weak and useless.

Hey! Don't put yourself down! We may look weak and useless, but that is only to the naked eye. We are much stronger now.

Your right.. we don't need a stupid fight to prove that we are strong!

CHA!

Now lets go watch Sasuke's match.

Oh yeah! Lets watch the cute boy fight!

Inner NO!

Inner YES!

I sighed and walked down some stairs to an open seat. I looked over and saw Ino.

"Hey Ino!" She jumped a little then faced me.

"Hey Sakura! I haven't had a chance to see you after the preliminaries. Congrats on winning against me."

"Thanks... you did awesome though!"

"I know I did billboard brow. We both put up a good fight!"

"You got that right Ino pig." We both smirked at each other. Then, we focused our attention back to the battle in front of us. The battle had barely begun when I suddenly felt the familiar feeling of a Genjutsu. My eyes started to droop an my head felt heavy. I wanted to close my eyes and drift into a unknown world filled with imaginary dreams.

No!

What?

There is a Genjutsu placed on us! We gotta snap out of it!!

Right! Do those hand signs and break out of it! Don't waste time!

Right!

I broke out of the Genjutsu quickly, then looked to my right and saw everyone else passed out. I guess I must have spaced out while I was talking to inner. I looked up and saw Kakashi kick a sound nin across the stands. He ran up to me and stopped right in front of me.

"Kakashi? What the heck is going on!?"

"You broke out of the Genjutsu, good. Listen we are under attack from the Sound and Sand ninjas. Sasuke went after Gaara and his two siblings. I need you to wake up Naruto and Shikamaru and follow him. I am going to summon one of my dogs to help guide you, Go!" I gave him a quick nod then started running up the stands to where Shikamaru and Naruto lay motionless.

"Kai!" I whispered next to Naruto. His eyes started to blink open almost immediately.

"Sakura Chan? What's going on?"

"There isn't anytime to explain! We are under attack and need to find Sasuke!" He nodded then I moved over to Shikamaru. Only to find him sleeping.

What a fearless team leader he is.

I started shaking him violently until he had enough.

"Okay, okay I'm up! What a drag!"

"Well lets get going!" I saw a dog walk up to us. It must have been Kakashi's.

"Hello, I am Pakkun. You all ready to go?"

"Hai! lets go!" Pakkun nodded at me and we all went for the trees. Little time passed since I first felt the Genjutsu, but it was enough for those four to get far.

--------