Many Unhappy Returns

People are scream in a panic as the sky is still red, lightning striking. Hair and masks fly as they stare at the Shredder.

"Stand strong!" Splinter orders the eight and they grip their weapons with narrowed focused eyes. "The Shredder will show no mercy!"

"You have betrayed me?" Draxum asks the Foot, who are still bowing to their master. "But i thought we were partners!"

"Ha!" Foot Lieutenant lifts up his head. "That's what we wanted you to think! After we assembled the dark armor, we needed a being of mystic power to energize it, and bring the Shredder to life! The dark armor consumed your life force, and now it will destroy your body!"

A portal opens between the two groups and Foot Recruit rushes in. "Senseis! My fury is unbridled and ready fir-" She gasps sharply at the sight before her. "You resurrected the Shredder without me?!"

"And we'd do it again traitor!!" Chaos growls pointing at Foot Recruit angrily

"Why you little!!"

"Girls now is not the time to argue!" Foot Lieutenant snarls at them for ruining the moment of Shredder coming back and they're too busy arguing.

Draxum manages to create a tiny vine, which pulls him through the portal and he escapes. The Shredder steps forward, roaring at the group of heroes. "I wanna say I feel prepared, but chattering teeth won't let me!" Donnie looks down nervously at his legs.

Sapphire and Topaz help Amethyst onto her feet as she struggles a little but gets the hang of it "Amy cant you do a spell or teleport us out of here?" Topaz looks at her former leader desperately but Amethyst groans a little holding her gem slightly in pain "I cant I feel too weak and lightheaded."

"Shred, shred, shred, shred, shred, shred!" The four members of the Foot cheer behind their leader. Instead of targeting their enemies, he turns attention on the four, who run away. "Don't shred! Don't shred!" He grabs Foot Lieutenant by the arm, Foot Brute by the head. He stomps on Foot Recruit and Chaos who try to get away, slamming the two in his hands repeatedly. Splinter looks on, he notices that something is off.

"Such blind rage...and going after his own? That makes no sense."

"Thanks for doing the dirty work for us!" Leo calls out. "Big ups, Shreddy!"

"Not now, blue!" Splinter sends him a glare

"What? I thought our nicknames might give us a nice rapport..." Leo rubs the back of his neck.

"Cowabunga!" The other three leap to face him, but Shredder knocks all of them down with one hit. Splinter, April, Topaz and Sapphire stand in front of them.

"Back off! You don't scare me!"

Leo land nearby with their weapons ready. "Much," April cringes a little. Shredder runs up to them on all fours, screeching and jumping into the air. All of them stare up in shock before he flickers...and then just phases through Leo, disappearing.

"Huh?" Leo looks up at the sky, turning towards the Foot.

"Sooo...that was unexpected," Foot Lieutenant rubs his neck awkwardly.

"You fools!" Splinter points at them. "You have doomed all of humanity!"

"Have we?" Foot Brute asks, his comrades glancing at him. "No seriously, tell me. This has been very confusing."

"We must found out what went wrong. Back to the Foot Shack!" Foot Lieutenant opens up a portal and they just leave.

"Hey!" Raph calls out after them, but they're already gone. He sighs at this.