Chapter Twelve

C H A P T E R - T W E L V E

───

—STEFAN STORMED INTO THE TOMB
with Rosalina trailing behind him. The blonde just now realizing the situation she had put herself in as she locked eyes with Katerina Petrova. Someone who could very well give up her true identity. Someone who could have already done so.

"Stefan, what are you doing here?" Elena asked in shock. A look of absolute fear swimming within her eyes as she caught sight of Rosalina looking over Katherine's battered state.

"I could ask you the same question" Stefan stated sassily, looking back at the blonde curiously as he tried to piece together why the Gilbert girl looked so terrified.

Katherine sat frightfully in the tomb. Scooting backwards from the barrier as Rosalina tilted her head. The older doppelgänger finding her presence to be every bit as terrifying as Niklaus. Although a sense of comfort flooded through her as she remembered what she had said to Elena.

"When I met him, Elijah and Rosalina I was as pure as you were the day you met Stefan. We're more similar than you'd care to admit Elena" she confessed. The names catching Elena off guard entirely. Her face paling in shock.

"What did you just say?"

Rosalina turned away from Katherine's pathetic form. Confusion over taking her features at Stefans now tense stance. His body in front of Elena's shaking one. The two staring directly at her and the effect she had on Katherine.

"Staring is rude, don't you two know that?" She asked mockingly. Finding herself becoming uncomfortable under their gaze. It was like they were burning holes into the side of her head.

"You" Elena stuttered. Pointing at her accusingly without stating what exactly she was being accused of. Making her brows furrow and spine straighten. Katherine letting out a manic chuckle. The blonde switching her attention to the Pierce.

"You know, it's funny. When you're kept out of the loop. You miss out on what information wasn't meant to be shared" she spoke. Her expression twisting from one of fear to smugness.

She was clearly outed.

"I see, I'm sure you have plenty of questions" She stated with her hands now clasped behind her back. Waiting for the two to bombard her with endless confusion. Stefan instead showed a look of hurt at her deception.

"You lied" He claimed. Tone shaken as he tried to piece together why she would do such a thing. Was she planning on taking Elena herself? Running off to her brother and leaving them all to rot in her wake?

She shook her head and let out a slight tsk as she wagged her finger in their direction. Clearly disagreeing with his statement. "On the contrary dear friend, I did not lie. I simply withheld information. Did the little lesson in deceit I gave you teach you nothing?" She asked.