Chapter Thirty Eight

C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y - E I G H T

───

—ELENA WAS OUT
running a few errands when she was made aware of the Mikaelson siblings being undaggered. She had been carrying a few plastic bags from the trunk of her car to the Gilbert home, a gasp leaving her lips as two forms sped past.

The blur of color causing her heart to begin beating erratically. Having had a vampire boyfriend made her painfully aware of what, or more so who, was circling the path she originally wanted to take.

Rebekah was the first figure to make herself known. Hands grasping at the tops of her shoulders in order to shove her against the side of her vehicle. Elena dropping the bags to the ground out of shock. A carton of eggs opening against the pavement— yolks spreading out as they cracked.

"Who are you?" she whispered fearfully. Palms pressed firmly against the cool exterior of the car. Lip quivering as she processed the no one would be close enough to save her.

Stefan was too busy being Niklaus's lap dog. Meanwhile Damon was out flirting with his new play thing, Andy Star. Someone Jenna had originally introduced him too before she was sacrificed in the ritual a few nights prior.

"Rebekah Mikaelson, I would say it was a pleasure to meet you— but I've never been a fan of lies" She spat, digging her finger nails deeper into Elena's olive toned skin. Leaving behind stark red crescent shaped marks. Five on each side of her body.

"He didn't..." she trailed off in disbelief. Stomach twisting several times as she thought about how many Mikaelsons were now roaming mystic falls. Feeling as if her life was going to get even more complicated than usual.

"Oh he didn't darling—" a new voice called. A shaggy haired, dark eyed man waltzing up from besides Rebekah. A plank of wood hanging in his hand. Fingers gripping the splintered weapon with a painfully tight hold. "—our dear Rosalina did" He finalized.

Elena tensed as she realized that these two must've heard about her strained relationship with the blonde original. The shock causing her to struggle in Rebekahs grip out of instinct. Letting out a choked back gasp when the girls fingernails scraped further at her skin.

"Don't struggle, we both know you're too fragile. We don't want to get blood everywhere. It stains" she growled into her face. Pushing her further into the car with a sick smile growing on her lips.

"Rebekah don't be silly, I think spilling a little blood would be entirely appropriate. We could use the stains as a permanent reminder that we've rid the world of one more despicable soul" Kol teased. Leaning against the car door, directly besides his sister and the Gilbert.