Chapter Forty Seven

C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - S E V E N

───

DAMON SIGHED AS HE
watched Carolines exhausted figure push out of a rustic looking parlor. Blonde hair bouncing as she made her way to his car before sliding into the passenger seat. Slumping down into the leather wrapped cushions with a distinct frown.

"Anything?" He asked. Stomach tightening as she turned to give him a look of which resembled that of a kicked puppy. Tears welling up in her eyes as she shook her head.

Damon paused momentarily, allowing his gaze to drift over to the entrance of the building. Crystal blue irises seeming fuller than ever as he opened up his mouth to ask another question.

"Is Stefan still in there?"

"He was strangling the witches wife in order to get her to give him another lead. I made him promise not to hurt them before I came out here—I just couldn't see him like that, he's falling apart without her" she confessed. The eldest Salvatore nodding solemnly in response.

The months after Rosalina's murder had been rougher than any other. Her entire family had abandoned their newly furnished homes in order to search for a way to bring her back, all the while running from their mothers wrath.

Currently Elijah, Niklaus and Finn resided in New Orleans. Trying their luck with a young witch who seemed to strengthen more and more with each passing day. Whereas Rebekah and Kol traveled around to separate covens.

The siblings had kept in touch with the Forbes vampire, feeling as if her bond with their sister kept them sane. Each one just as grateful as the other for her own attempts at reuniting their family.

"We're going to figure this out, there's too many of us looking for a way to fix this for there to be no solution" he mumbled. Comforting himself more so than Caroline, nevertheless she nodded in agreement.

The duo waited silently for the younger brother to exit the parlor. Expecting to see his usual deflated stature and devastated frown. Having grown accustomed to the disappointment these searched have brought on.

Yet after what felt like an eternity of waiting, Stefan emerged from the building with his phone clutched tightly to his ear. Tears streaming down his face as he looked down upon an antique leather book. The binding nearly bent from his protective grasp.

Caroline gasped and exited the vehicle in sync with Damon. The two eager to see what could have brought on such an expressive reaction. Stefan meeting the two halfway between the car and parlor.

Damon's ears perking up as he joined the blonde in listening in on the man's call. Brows furrowing as a woman's frantic voice sounded. Eagerly informing Stefan that the Mikaelson brothers requested their presence.

"I'm a friend of Elijah's, I swear to you this is anything but a trick. He's told me of your friend—his sister—I can feel it in my veins when I practice my magic. I can feel her and I just know I can bring her back...but I need your help"

Stefan looked between his brother and friend with a watery gaze. His lips pressed firmly together as he considered the possibility of seeing her again. Imagining the sense of warmth that her touch would bring if this were to work.

Damon let his lips tip upwards into a genuine smile, it may have been small, but it was truly joyful. His crystal eyes darting to share the moment of peace with Caroline. The blonde doing the same in turn.

After a moment of silence, Stefan truly felt at ease with his next move. Quickly informing the woman on the phone that they were be there as soon as they possibly could.

Once the phone was put away the trio let out disbelieving laughter. Caroline slapping her hands over her mouth before jumping in excitement—rushing forwards to embrace the younger brother with a squeal.

Damon placed his hands on his hips and watched happily as the two hugged. Seeing a sense of relief wash over his brother as he finally allowed himself to accept that they were one step closer to reaching their goal.

Stefan pulled away from Caroline to give his brother an equally as ecstatic embrace. His hand patting Damon's back as a silent thank you. For being by his side every step of the way. Never allowing him to give up on finding something worthwhile.

"Well! Where are we going?" Caroline asked, her fingers swiftly coming up to swipe away a few fallen tears. All of which had been shed out of pure joy. Barely containing her excitement, even though she knew she shouldn't let herself get too energetic over the lead.

Stefan stepped back and showed the two the book he had previously been holding. The dark leather bound by what looked to be blood stained string. Engraving on the front clearly done in Latin rather than English.

"The witches in there finally fessed up to having this, an old family heirloom. Apparently they had long given up their interest in the afterlife. Yet their ancestors were quite the experts. I figured we could take this to where they originated from to dig deeper and luckily enough, it happens to be exactly where the Mikaelsons have requested us to go—"

Damon and Caroline shared a look of intrigue, swiftly staring back at the man as he traced the writing with an inexplainable amount of delicacy. Eyes glistening with excitement as his own lips tipped upwards fondly.

"—we're going to New Orleans"

───

AUTHORS NOTE

—I was extremely displeased with how this story had originally ended before transitioning into a sequel. Therefore I've taken the time to completely revamp the entirety of the stories aesthetic in order to match my current standards and will be continuing the story until a much more detailed and well timed end. I hope you understand and are as pleased with this decision as I am. So unbelievably excited to be writing about Rosalina once more, and I assure you the end is no where near!

Thank you for your endless support!

───

Word Count: 950
( edited ✔️ )