Chapter Fifty

C H A P T E R - F I F T Y

T H E - R E T U R N[ p a r t - o n e ]

T H E - R E T U R N
[ p a r t - o n e ]

T H E - R E T U R N[ p a r t - o n e ]

───

—ROSALINA HAD NEVER
been prepared to die. When she was a child she never gave the end of her life a second thought. Far too caught up in her own imagination to even think that there would be a day it would stop.

Then she was given the bliss of immortality. Protected by the strength of her family she once again tossed aside the fact that death was what humans considered inevitable. Always having been far too comfortable in life, never truly fearing what should have been feared.

Therefore she never would have pictured herself fighting for her life in a misted forest. Especially not when she had already lost her life. If anything, the scene would have made more sense if she had been alive.

Nevertheless she continued to sprint through the gloomy scene. Dodging blackened trees that stood tall in her path. Breathing labored as occasional hisses left her mouth whenever a low hanging branch would scratch her bare skin.

She wasn't entirely sure how she had arrived in the woods. Nor was she sure what she was running from. She simply knew that she, no matter what, wasn't allowed to get caught. Otherwise she'd face severe punishment.

The warning never left the front of her brain. Pushing her to continue going even when she felt her legs shake from overexertion. Blood dripping down her arms from the ever-so sharp branches.

"This is bloody ridiculous!" She shouted as she neared the edge of the forest. Trees thinning out only to be replaced by cement blocks. Each one adorned with plain lettering.

Slowing ever so slightly she skimmed over the names of the tombstones. Heart rate picking up rapidly as she realized just who these plots were for.