Chapter Forty One

C H A P T E R - F O R T Y - O N E

───

—THE MIKAELSON SIBLINGS
were stiffly scattered around the lounge room. Esther standing front and center with an incredibly annoying expression present on her features. One that made all of the vampires in the room recoil, besides Finn.

"I want us to be a family again—" A scoff left Rosalinas lips as their mother spewed out what she believed to be utter crap. Her hands raised to wipe down her face with a disbelieving smile. Eyes filled with an undeniable rage.

"Do you have something to say to me Rosalina?" Esther questioned. Her gaze stern as she moved to stand a few feet in front of the sitting girl.

Rosalina shook her head and shifted in her seat to stare down the older woman. Hands clasping together as she moved them to sit limply in her lap. The only sign of further movement being the slight twitch in her whitening knuckles. Pressure building as she fought the urge to beat her mother to a pulp.

"I do actually, you see. Living for thousands of years, without you by our side might I add, gives a person plenty of time to think over all the ways you could've helped us against fathers wrath— or even, avoided turning us into the creatures we are today" she started with a tough voice.

Kol and Finn sharing concerned looks as their eyes strayed to the now bleeding crescent shaped markings on Rosalina's skin. Her composure slowly drifting away with every word she spoke.

"Don't you dare speak to me in such a disrespectful manner, you ungrateful—" Rosalina practically growled as she leapt to her feet. Standing inches away from the woman's face with her fangs barred. Veins crawling down her cheeks as she raised an accusatory finger into Esther's space.

"No!" She yelled. Chest heaving as her siblings stood to their feet in case the anger fueled conversation escalated to a physical altercation.

"You don't get to come in and play house! You're wicked mother. You are the creator of the nightmare we have been forced to live. You sealed our fate and now you must live with it the way we have for thousands of years!—" she leaned closer to finish off the speech in the woman's ear, voice lowered into a threatening whisper.

"—and if you step so much as a toe out of line, I'll finish what Niklaus had started all those years ago" she stated. Not an ounce of hesitance showing in her words. Causing Esther to grow cold as she processed how broken Rosalina had truly become.

The blonde shoved past their now living mother with a snarl. Her exit making the other siblings slowly trickle out of the room one by one.

Niklaus left immediately after Rosalina, speeding from the home to see if he could locate and comfort his sister. Knowing how much guilt, or even anger she must've been feeling after the rage filled encounter.

Rebekah and Elijah exiting not even moments after to head upstairs and speak privately about what had occurred. To gather their thoughts about why their mother had returned and if her intentions were pure. Elijah keeping in mind that the Salvatore's were under the impression, thanks to the young Bennett witch, that her coffin had held a weapon. Not a peace maker.

Kol was the last to leave. The man giving Finn and almost pleasing look as he went, hoping that he wouldn't fall back into his mother loving ways. Yet the absence of the brother as he waited in the corridor made his heart sink in realization. Finn was staying with Esther.

Kol had immediately headed upstairs to inform the others that Finn was surely going to be on their mothers side, whether good or bad. Rebekah and Elijah sighing sadly at the news. Knowing it would only break Rosalina's heart to hear, and even more so to see if the situation presented itself.

Meanwhile, Niklaus had begun his search for the blonde. Looking at herself and Elijah's old apartment, the grill and even the Salvatore boarding house. The hybrid having to convince one rather rattled Stefan Salvatore that there was no need to panic over the blondes sudden disappearance.

After a rather dreadful, yet precise, twelve minutes. Niklaus had realized exactly where the blonde had fled to. One particular spot of which she had explained to him one afternoon when she explained her first encounter with Elena Gilbert.

He swiftly made his way back to the Mikaelson mansion and secured a vehicle for the day. Driving at an extremely fast speed towards what she had once described to be a beautiful field of flowers and sunlight.

His heart nearly stopping as he pulled into the clearing and caught sight of a sobbing Rosalina, dead center in the middle of a brown and burnt field. Niklaus turned off the car and jumped out to speed over and pull her into his arms.

"It's all dead, I've never seen it so dead Nik. Everything's falling apart and I don't know what to do. Stefan and I are no more, mothers back and I don't trust her— she will tear our family apart piece by piece and I don't know if I'll be able to fix it" she cried, stumbling over her words as she attempted to breath smoothly.

Niklaus hushed her gently and rubbed her head. Fingers running soothingly through the untangled strands of golden blonde hair. A frown on his face as she held her close to his chest.

"You shall not handle this alone rose, I swear to you. Always and forever, I shall love and protect you sister" he swore. Words making Rosalina cry harder into the fabric of his clothing. Hands gripping onto his shoulders tightly as she steadied herself.

"Always and forever Nik"

───

Word Count : 1000
( edited ✔️ )