Chapter Forty Nine

C H A P T E R -  F O R T Y -  N I N E

───

THE DAY AFTER DAVINA
had contacted Rosalina was spent preparing for one of the most tasking spells she had ever performed. She had several of Marcels men scouring the town for bottles of rare ingredients. Niklaus watching over them to insure their compliance.

Whereas Hayley had offered to gather anything she might need from the Bayou. Which Davina accepted graciously, immediately sending herself and Elijah off with a rather tedious list of tasks.

Meanwhile she stayed at the compound. Ordering Rebekah to clear out the ground floor of any furniture, minus the large dining table. Finn eagerly jumping in to help as a way to distract himself from the inevitable chaos that would later ensue.

Davina crossed her arms over her chest and eyed the various books she had laid open upon the remaining table. Kol standing closely by her side with a curious glint in his eye. A single hand raising to rub up and down her back in a comforting manner.

"It's going to work" he spoke, knowing just how worried she was that everything would go wrong.

His words caused the girl to send him a soft look. She truly appreciated what he was trying to do, yet it wasn't nearly as comforting as he may have hoped.

If she were to mess up one thing, the spell wouldn't work. In fact—she could risk losing Rosalina to the darkness of the particular magic style if she wasn't strong enough to pull her spirit through.

"It has to, she's your sister" she whispered in response. Leaning into his touch as she went back to examining the endless literature. Well aware that he was doing the same. His own knowledge of witchcraft allowing him to help if necessary.

Moments later Rebekah and Finn reentered the compound with serene expressions on their face. Heads nodding back for the duo to watch the entrance as three new figures made their arrival.

Kol grinned to himself as he imagined what Rosalina would think of the trio being in New Orleans alongside her entire family. It would have been her dream come true.

He maneuvered away from Davina in order to properly welcome the Salvatore's and Forbes. Quickly pulling each of them into a hug, much to their surprise.

"We never truly bonded, but Rosalina loved you. Therefore your all are important to myself and my siblings. Thank you for helping us get her back" he spoke with the utmost sincerity.

Caroline smiled the sweetest of smiles in his direction, leaning into Damon as Stefan followed the younger Mikaelson back over towards the book covered table.

Rebekah soon after making her way over to the, now duo, in order to push her way between them. Linking arms with them both and leading them over to the opposite side of the table.

"This is Davina, Davina—this is Stefan, Damon and Caroline. They're very important to my sister and I'm positive they'd like to be just as informed as we have been" she explained. Giving her the go ahead to update the group.

"The spell I'm going to perform is going to be borderline ritualistic. Using several different ingredients to make an oil of sorts—I'm going to coat her original body and summon her soul back into it" she began.

Damon rolled his shoulders and gave a somewhat-cocky smile to the others. Hesitantly joking about how that seemed easy enough.

"That's only half of it" Davina clarified. Stomach twisting when she realized she'd be dealing with two Niklaus's.

"After her soul is brought back, the spirits will likely fight to pull her away. This magic is tainted and rarely used. Once I have her locked in she will be fighting for her life up until the moment the spell is complete"

Stefan sucked in a breath at the thought of Rosalina becoming hurt. He knew very little of the afterlife itself, therefore he hadn't been aware she could be harmed even in death. It felt too cruel to be true.

"If they do pull her, fight her—will it harm her physical form?" Caroline queried. Head tilting as she tried to gather whether or not the spiritual fight would hurt after she was grounded.

"It's likely her body will feel the effects of the fight during the duration of the spell, once it's complete she will regain control of her original capabilities and heal just as quickly as she would have before she passed" Davina assured.

She knew the sight of her injuries would likely be an unpleasant sight. Yet the idea of temporary pain for a lifetime of happiness seemed like the ideal solution.

"What are we waiting for then?" Niklaus called from the doorway. The entirety of the room spinning around to watch as he entered with Hayley, Marcel and Elijah. Each carrying a bag of the necessary items for the ritual.

None wishing to ask why their clothes had been torn, nor did they wish to find out why blood seemed to stain each of their faces. The brothers seemingly worse off than their partners in crime.

"We have a ritual to attend to do we not?" He continued. Dropping the bag on the ground by his feet. The others hurriedly following suit.

Davina smiled softly at the sight. She had never been so pleased to have a set of destructive creatures on her side.

Pushing away from the others, just as Kol had once done, she made her way to where the bags sat. Kneeling besides them to pull out endless bowls and jars. Calling for those closest to take them items as needed.

The others clearing the table, gently stacking the books alongside the far wall of the ground level. Out of the way of Davinas working space.

"Set the bowls on each corner of the table, nothing can be in the center. It has to be clear"

───

Word Count: 1001
( edited ✔️ )