Chapter Forty

C H A P T E R -  F O R T Y

───

—ROSALINA SPENT AT LEAST
thirteen long hours preparing the Mikaelson mansion for company. Excited to have a proper meal with her siblings, even if there guest list was less than desirable. Said company expanding from just the Salvatore's to Bonnie and Elena as well.

Damon had felt as if the number of siblings against their groups small count of two was unfair. Clearly having a mindset that depended on the night ending in failure. Rosalina, in the spirit of peace, agreed to the extra members.

Even going as far as asking for their four favorite meals. Having to go out once more to retrieve the needed items for their dishes. Stefan having wanted a breaded chicken recipe with pasta and red sauce. Meanwhile Elena and Bonnie both settled for a chicken salad.

Damon on the other hand requested a nice steak dinner. Specifically one that Rosalina had made him years prior. The blonde using the same seasonings, and even adding in mashed potatoes and green beans. Knowing those were two of his old favorites.

Her siblings on the other hand had gotten dishes far more elegant. Each one taking at least an hour each, playing into the thirteen hour time frame. The woman using her excellent memory to look up certain cuisines from around the world. Places her siblings had visited and taken a liking to.

Elijah was given a beautifully cooked salmon dish with a tan dressing that contained garlic and a few other herbs. Rebekah on the other hand had a delicious pork based meal with salad and pasta sides. All covered in tasty herbs and sauces.

Meanwhile Nik settled for a simple set of sliders and fries, the recipe being one that Rosalina picked up from a witch in New Orleans. And although the meal was simple, Kol and Finn had the easier dish to prepare.

The two brothers had been daggered the longest and most out of all the siblings. Therefore Rosalina wanted to make up for lost time. Creating two plates of which consisted of appetizer sized bits of all of her favorite dishes. Each from a different year they had missed.

The blonde taking her time to plate each meal and set them in their proper places on the table. Ready to be consumed by each individual.

Soon after heading up to her room to get dolled up for the evening, sending a group text to her siblings about how the meal was ready and she would be down shortly. Phone being discarded directly after the message was sent so she could focus on her look for the night.

Rosalina decided that her usually natural hair could use a bit of a change for the time being. Pining smaller braided portions back before curling the left over strands. A gentle glam look being paired with a slim black cocktail dress. The top half dipping downwards in a 'V' with lace to match.