Chapter Twenty Eight

C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - E I G H T

───

—ONCE THE NOW UNDENIABLY
happy, and utterly in love couple, arrived at the cabin. They were thrown into a world of violence. Rosalina exited the vehicle right as Elena sprinted out of the house. A bloodied knife held tightly within her fist.

"Elena!" Rosalina yelled out worriedly. Letting the brunette drop the weapon and sprint into her arms. Her body shielding the doppelgänger from harm whilst Stefan sped forwards to take down her attacker.

One of which the blonde instantly recognized as Jules significant other. Her hands pushing Elena to hide behind the car safely whilst her now rage filled body moved to defend her alongside Stefan.

Her hand shooting into the wolves chest, tilting her head to the side whilst showing her fangs and an undoubtedly smug smirk. Soon after pulling her fist out of his body, heart clenched within her grasp.

She let the expression of rage slip from her features. The mans previously beating organ falling from her fingers and flopping to the floor limply. Body spinning around to face the fear filled woman.

"Are you alright?" She asked cautiously. Putting aside her usual hate for the girl to acknowledge the fact that she had just faced a near death experience. Her bloodied hand swiping against the right side of her pants.

"I-I don't know" Elena stuttered. Hesitantly walking out from behind the cherry red car. Eyes filled with unshed tears, lip quivering slightly as she attempted to conceal her emotions. Knowing that the girl in front of her had already had enough of her.

She didn't feel as if she deserved her sympathy.

"Come on" she offered. Her hand outstretched to the shaking woman. Watching as she hurriedly rushed to grasp it. Body practically collapsing into her arms. Tears gushing down her cheeks as she allowed the woman's arms to encompass her, giving her a proper sense of protection.

"Stefan, can you deal with this please?" She asked softly before leading the doppelgänger into the cabin. Not noticing the look of shock that the youngest Salvatore held. Clearly not prepared for the original vampire to show such empathy for the brunette.

"Yeah, I'll be in soon" he confirmed. Moving to drag the body of the werewolf away, further into the woods where he would dig a rather shallow grave. Unaware that Tyler Lockwood had been watching the entire scenario with a look of horror.

Anger boiling beneath the surface as he assumed that the death of Brady was simply because they were cruel vampires with no souls. Completely unaware that the man had planned on harming Elena, killing her. So that the sacrifice couldn't be completed.

He growled lowly to himself and made his way towards the cabins back door. Peaking in through the windows at the sobbing Gilbert he once considered a friend. Gaze settling in on Rosalina as she had her back turned to him. Hands shuffling through a bag of teas, trying to decide which flavor would benefit the shaken woman the most.

Unaware that there was a teenage boy planning her demise a few feet away. Yet that false sense of serenity for the original did not last long, for Tyler burst through the back entrance.

Speeding into the kitchen and tossing Rosalinas unprepared form into the opposite counter. A scream leaving her lips at the sudden pain that surged through her. Elena letting out a shocked gasp of disbelief at the sight.

"Stefan!" She screeched out desperately. Standing up abruptly from where the original had helped her sit. Looking frantically back and forth from the open front door and the chaos that unfolded before her.

The Salvatore looked up from where he had began to dig, eyes widening in fright as the sound of the two women's screams reached his ears. Shovel being discarded to the ground just besides the slightly formed grave. Form moving speedily back into the cabin.

Hands ripping the angry teen from his girlfriends form. Turning to pin him to the countertops with a furious expression. Looking over to where Rosalina stood holding her ribs as they healed. Breathing heavily in shock at the sudden attack.

Growling when he realized the harm the man had actually dealt the usually invincible woman. Yes, she faced pain more than most. Yet he wasn't going to act as if that was something to be okay with.

"What the hell is your problem!?" He yelled into the boys face. Fury shining within his eyes, teeth baring at the werewolf with a sense of utter disgust.

"You killed him!" Tyler cried out in return. Finding that his impromptu attack against Rosalina was entirely justified. Even if he was completely misinformed.

"He was going to kill Elena" Rosalina choked out as she applied extra pressure to her midsection. Hoping that the heaviness of her hands would help the ribs set into place as they healed.

"What?" Tyler faltered against Stefans hold as he allowed the blondes words to process. Thinking back to the look of fear on Elena's face as she ran from within the cabin. The weapon she held branded in her fist bloodied.

How could he have been so naive to have though Elena would harm someone without proper motive?

Yes, the Gilbert could be selfish—whiny and even manipulative when necessary. Yet she would never attempt to murder someone without cause. The man had clearly tried something vindictive before she ran from the cabins confinement's. Otherwise she wouldn't have grabbed a weapon.

"He didn't- he said—" Elena sighed and moved Stefan to the side of her childhood friend. Pulling him into an obviously needed hug. The two holding onto one another as tightly as possible.

"You didn't know- it's okay" she whispered. Feeling Tyler shake against her as he took in the fact that he had almost aided someone in murdering his friend. He had almost killed Elena Gilbert.

Stefan moved to help Rosalina in regaining her balance. Nodding to Tyler over Elena's shoulder before leading the pain ridden blonde in ascending the cabin stairs. Heading directly into the room of which Jeremy used to use when the Gilbert family vacationed.

It now serving as the guest room for the couple. The blonde laying gently on the bed whilst Stefan shut the door and dug through their bags for a pair of pajamas for the both of them. Settling on plaid pants for himself, and a rather large graphic tee for her.

"Thank you" she whispered as he assisted her in stripping from her clothes and changing into the soft sleepwear. Her eyes tired as she continued to heal from the oddly placed wound. Ribs continuously shifting against one another as they slowly moved to their proper places.

"Of course, get some rest. In the morning we can get you something to drink on our way back to town. Okay?" She nodded softly into his shoulder. Letting her eyes flutter shut to gain a much needed nights rest.

Oblivious to the visit they would soon receive from one of her eldest brothers. The man in question entirely furious due to another death at the hands of Damon Salvatore. One that would not only cause problems for Elena Gilbert.

Yet pull at the strings of which held together Damon and Rosalinas friendship.

───

Word Count: 1244
( edited ✔️ )