Chapter Thirty Seven

C H A P T E R -  T H I R T Y -  S E V E N

───

—NIKLAUS WAS MORE THAN
thrilled to undagger his various siblings. A small, nerve ridden, smile on his lips as he tuned into the noise that radiated from the space below. Rosalina unsheathing the weapons, one by one from their chests. Gently setting them in a lock box to be hidden.

The blonde having insisted that she be the one to greet them as they woke from their slumber. Knowing that the moment they regained consciousness, they'd be less than interested in playing 'happy family' with Nik. Therefore she'd try her best to explain and get them to at least a neutral stand point.

Foot tapping against the floorboards as she eyed her siblings grey skin. The tip of her thumb stuck between her top and bottom teeth. Gently chewing on the nail as she waited. Undead heart beating erratically as she planned out her little speech.

She knew she'd have to repeat it several times since the siblings were undaggered a few moments after one another. Not to mention that Kol and Finn had been in the comatose state for far longer than Rebekah. Therefore they would need a little extra time to adjust.

Meanwhile Stefan lurked in the halls of the lower floor, just in case one of the newly wakened siblings decided to go rogue and search for Niklaus on their own. The man having sworn to Rosalina to keep her brother safe.

The siblings took at least fifteen painfully long minutes to start to shift from their slumber. Rebekah being the first to rise, body shooting upwards into a sitting position. The gemstone covered headband slipping slightly down her beautifully curled blonde hair.

"Beks" She whispered happily. Eyes welling with tears as she moved forwards with a blood bag in hand. Lifting the tube to her shaking sisters lips. Rebekahs hand aggressively gripping the plastic as she ripped into it and chugged the entirety of its contents.

She practically gasped for air as she released her iron tight grip on the now empty bag. Tossing it aside as she moved to exit the coffin. Eyes wide as she pulled her slightly younger sister in for a well deserved hug.

The two shaking as they soaked up one another's presence. Rosalina rubbing her hand up and down her sisters back with an overwhelmed expression. She couldn't help but find the embrace to be the most heart warming thing she had experienced in ages.

"I'd love to continue this reunion sister, but Niklaus and I have a long awaited conversation to attend to—" Rosalina gripped her sisters biceps as she attempted to pull away. Shaking her head disappointedly as she sped her across the room and sat her in a comfortable arm chair.

"That is not happening, I've undaggered you with Niks blessing. He is waiting for us, or more specifically—" She gestured to their siblings open coffins, daggers missing from their chests. "—all of us" She finalized.

"First, I must speak with you all. I need you to take the time to understand why Niklaus had done what he had. He believed it to be what was necessary to protect us all" She commented. Rebekah scoffing as she folded her arms firmly over her chest.

"Do you really expect me to believe that him keeping us all locked in a box for hundreds of years at a time is what was best?" She questioned bitterly. The words slipping off her tongue with an unmatched venomous tone.

"You act as if I wasn't present when you were daggered. Stefan was my love, I wasn't ready to leave either. Yet you were the one reckless enough to consider facing father on your own. Of course he was thinking about your protection! If it was about himself— he would've left you behind" She defended their brother with a stern expression. Palms resting on her hips.

"Rosalina—"

"No! Don't Rosalina me, it's been nothing but torture watching Niklaus take you all from me, over and over again. Yet here I am— Ive watched him destroy himself and everything he's created repeatedly to protect us all. Yes his timing is poor, yes there were other ways to approach this all—" she waved her hands around dramatically.

"—but with everything our father had put him through. With all the betrayal and trauma he has faced. Don't we owe him at least the ounce of respect needed to understand his point of view? To give him another chance?" Rebekah stayed put, arms slowly falling limply into her lap as she took in her words.

"Or did always and forever mean nothing to you?" She finished. Chest heaving as she allowed all the anger she had held bottled up out.

She was well aware of her siblings right to be furious with the actions of their brother. She herself had been angry for a majority of the years she spent by his side. Yet she never held a grudge when it came to Niklaus. They had all made countless mistakes in their long lifetime.

Rebekah had once out of anger snapped the neck of Rosalinas friend in the 1800s. Over a flirtatious comment they had made, one of which that was taken entirely out of context.

Kol had murdered thousands in a town massacre, removing family's from the earth without a second thought. All whilst Finn watched with a look of disgust. Nonetheless, he hadn't attempted to stop him. Not once, instead he spouted out horrible comments about each one of them in a rage.

None of them were innocent.

They had all hurt one another in ways that could be seen as unforgivable. Though they always seemed to find a way to one another, understanding their flaws and how they worked when it came to the "monsters" they had been forced to become.

Hence why she found it unbearable to see how her siblings reacted when Niklaus made a mistake. He was most definitely not outcasted, yet they could've been more nurturing when it came to his trauma responses.

The same could have been said for Kol and Finn. The two brothers constantly pushed aside by Elijah, Niklaus and Rebekah. Rosalina always found that dynamic unsettling, even though it was clearly unintentional.

"I understand" Rebekah whispered as she let the way her sister spoke swirl within her head. Heart clenching as she tuned into the sounds above. Hearing a slight sniffle come from who she assumed to be their brother.

"May I go speak with him whilst you fill the others in? I'm sure they will be a little harder to convince, with Kol I'd suggest a good brawl— although the way you've got your speech lined up works quite well on it's own" She confessed. Asking instantly to go comfort Nik as he went through a multitude of emotions.

Rosalina nodded and bid her sister farewell. The two sharing one more hug before she turned to eye the coffins. Almost letting out a noise of pure excitement when she noticed Kols fingers twitch against his chest.

She couldn't wait for them to all be reunited.

───

Word Count: 1217
( edited ✔️ )