Lost in The Heartbreak

Hello my awesome readers!! Can I just say now, you guys are insane. Since I last posted a chapter, it's already 2.4K now. How the Hades did this happen, I don't know but THANK YOU, I FEEL SO LOVED.And I realized it looks like I've been spelling Tobi wrong throughout the entire story, so let's just say it's spelled like this 'T-o-b-i' okay? Okay. Anyways you probably don't care and skipped this anyways to read the story so I'll let you all go then. With that, I do not own Ouran or anything I make references to.

Hikaru POV

"Take me with you." I said seriously to Tobi as he ran to his car, which looked really run down. I would've said something like 'oh poor commoners' but now was not the time. We got in and he handed me a phone "Go to speed dial and call Andrea." He pulled out of the driveway and I got the girl Andrea on the phone handing it back to "Dont give it to me you idiot, put it on speaker.

I pressed the button and immediately heard a girl's voice on the other end "Whats up big brother?"She asked happily. Tobi swallowed "Drea, we have a problem." She laughed "Whats so bad you needed to call me while you're at work?"

He blinked back tears and spoke horsley "Elijah...he's in the hospital right now." There was a deadly silence until we heard a sob that broke my heart to hear "No...oh God no... I'll be right there." She said in a stronger voice and hung up. I put the phone in one of the cup holders and looked at Tobi "Was that you're girlfriend?" I asked. He shook his head "Sister." He stopped at a red light and put his head on the wheel.

I didn't know Elijah had any other siblings than Tobi, then again, I barely got to find out anything about him since we were supposedly together. I remembered what I saw the night before and decided to ask

"Tobi." I asked getting his attention as the light turned green "Last night, I accidentally saw a few...scars on Elijah's back. Do you know what those were from?" He clenched the wheel tighter and gasped slightly as if realizing something. His expression of worry turned into anger "I bet it was the same man who did this to him today." He said bitterly and didn't talk for the rest of the ride.

When we got to the hospital, I had to run in order to catch up with him as he reached the desk "I need to find which room Elijah Russo is in." The bored looking woman looked at him "Are you a member of family?" She asked. He nodded "I'm his older brother." He pointed to me "He's with me." He said. She gave us each a pass "4th floor, room 203, and this is just some advice, but be quiet when your up there."

As soon as an elevator opened up, we ran in, waiting quietly. The tension was enough to make things very awkward between the two of us. I didn't know what to say to him. The man was obviously on the verge of tears, worrying about his brother who I may very well have put in the hospital myself.

"I'm really sorry." I ended up saying "He didn't deserve this. Any of it. He deserves to be happy, living a high life like everyone else in the school. He doesn't deserve to be beaten for something probably meaningless." He looked at me surprised "Why do you care so much about him? I thought you didn't like conversing with commoners."

I took a deep breath "I see them just as normal people. And the reason I care so much...." I didn't know if I should continue, but before I could decide, the elevator dinged, showing two people looking at us surprised on the other side

"Hikaru?" She almost asked accusing me. "Haruhi." I said surprised "Why are you here?" "I should be asking you the same thing." She said, her voice on edge. Tobi just sighed and walked straight to Haruhi's dad "You're Ranka, right?"

Her dad nodded "Yes ,and you are Tobi I remember." Tobi looked at him gratefully and held out his hand for a handshake "Thank you so much for calling me." Ranka smiled sadly and shook his hand "It wasn't a problem at all. Trust me." Ranka turned around back the way they came "Come along. I'll take you to the room he's in."