Chapter 28

"Are you really going back?"

"Hmm..."

It was late in the evening, the two best friends were sitting beside each other in a nearby  park, talking and just enjoying each other's company.

"You know you can stay a bit longer if you want," Jonghyun suggested, he really didn't want Kibum to go to that place where Minho was there, call him overprotective but Jonghyun knows his friend is not that strong as he pretends to be, he is the type of person who will handle everything by himself not letting other people worry about him.

Jonghyun sat on the swing beside Kibum, he handed the other a can of beer, Kibum just took it casually before popping the can open and drink a few gulps.

Kibum smiled, a soft gentle one, "You know...." He started, a bit of hesitance in his voice, a slow voice in his mind telling him to stop but he completely ignored it, today he decided to tell his best friend everything, his chest was full of emotion and he didn't like the suffocating feeling, what he wanted the most right now was to get rid of the feelings in his heart.

"Jonghyun~ I-I used to be so in love with you... You would always suggest going on a double with you and Taemin, but I never could, I was so damn afraid that my feelings would show. But I never hated Taemin or anything, not like those bitch drama and all. He is a nice guy and I am happy that you are happy with him... "

Another pop sound was heard interrupting him, this time Jonghyun drank a few sips, "I know..." When Kibum heard this, his head, which was looking at the ground afraid of his friend's reaction, shot towards Jonghyun who was leisurely drinking his beer, "You knew?!" He asked in disbelief. Jonghyun let out a chuckle, "Yeah, you are not as good as hiding your feelings as you think you are...I always knew but I never saw you the same way, you are like a dear brother to me."

Kibum frowned, "You are such a jerk and you should know that." Another chuckle left Jonghyun's lips and Kibum too laughed, "I am glad to say this that I don't love you anymore, not in that sense at least."

Jonghyun smiled and Kibum continued, "Jonghyun I think I'm in love with Minho~"

Jonghyun popped another can open, "I know that too."

Kibum let out an annoyed groan, "You seriously..." Kibum took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down, he chugged the remaining beer in the can, "But I don't think he loves me, he has a beautiful girlfriend too."

Jonghyun got up from the swing and stood in front of Kibum, "I think he loves you, he just hasn't really acknowledged his feelings yet. I can say this after looking at the look he was giving you on the field today. "

Kibum looked up and his eyes met Jonghyun's, "I really hope that's true."

"Let's go. It's getting late, I should go back now." Kibum said as he got off the swing.

"Kibum if you ever need me, you can call me or directly come to my place, you know that right?" Jonghyun asked, worry written on his face.

Kibum sighed as he walked towards his best friend and gave him a hug, "I know. And to be honest, you don't have to worry so much, Minho is not going to eat me."

Jonghyun hugged him back before having a playful smile on his face, "Who knows~~"

Seeing this, Kibum's face flushed as he turned around and left, "Bye Jongiee~ See you tomorrow."

***

When kibum got back to his house, there was suddenly a nervous feeling, as he entered the house, he saw Minho walking out of his room.

Seeing Kibum, Minho rushed towards him, "You are back!"

A warm feeling covered his heart as he slowly gave a nod, "hmm..."

Today other than talking to Jonghyun, Kibum also has decided to have a talk with Minho, he would not think of the consequences, "Minho we need to talk."

Minho nodded, "Okay."

They both sat down on the couch opposite to each other, Kibum gulped as he said, "Minho I-- want to ask what you think of me. Minho truthfully I like you, a lot actually. I liked the time I spent with you, but then you got back with your girlfriend and I was hurt so I ran away. But then I realized I can't run away forever, Minho so let me ask you this straight, do you like me? If yes then let's date, if no then please forget I have ever said such things."
_____________
Author's Note:

I have to go to college so I am going to stop this chapter here. Thank you for being patient. All the people who are cheering for  me in the comment section, thank you, your words mean a lot to me.