Chapter 1

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲 - 𝗣𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗲𝗿𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 - 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 - 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

Lyra's eyes glance over her school as she ran her fingers through her hair, gently tugging at the knots towards the bottom. Her mum, Julia Smith, had just dropped her off at school and is now taking her brother, Alex Smith, to the police department since he had recently got a job as an officer.

She hadn't known what to expect this year seeing as the past few years had been quite an interesting experience, but there was a sinking feeling in her stomach that convinced Lyra that it wasn't going to be just any normal year. Perhaps she should just listen to her gut and walk back out the doors but she knew her best friend, Gwen Stacy, wouldn't be too fond of it.

Speaking of Gwen Stacy, the blonde girl was right beside her, lightly tugging at her wrist to get her moving through the halls. Lyra mentally protesting.

"Come on, you like school, remember?" Gwen said with a smirk on her face, her fringe hanging just above her eyebrows.

"And I meant it, but that doesn't mean I want to be here for 6 hours a day!" Lyra sighed.

Gwen just shrugged, silently agreeing with her statement. The two walked amongst the courtyard towards a bench that sat next to the yard. A young boy, who was only a year younger than the two, stopped Gwen on the way to ask her about the next debate. Lyra and Gwen were both on the debating team except Gwen was the captain, Lyra was offered the position first yet politely declined it after hearing how much responsibility was put into the role.

She gently nudged Gwen, motioning towards the bench before heading towards it, leaving Gwen to talk to the young boy.

Lyra pulled out a book, Little Woman to be exact, and gently slid her black, think glasses onto her face. She let her eyes follow the words in the book, taking in each sentence. She was too preoccupied in her own world to notice another teenage boy snap a photo of her on her right, bringing the camera away from his face as he stared at her beauty, his heart swelling just by the sight.

Peter Parker watched Lyra Smith as she delicately lifted a hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ears, her eyes focused on the book in front of her. His eyes squinting as he watch a regular classmate sit down next to her, causing a small smile to appear on her face as they nudged each other. Peter checked the photo he previously took on his camera to check if it wasn't blurry, silently cheering inside to see that it was a perfectly taken photo. He stared at Lyra for a couple more seconds before his ears caught the noise of loud cheering from his right and he hesitantly walked towards it.

Gwen and Lyra had also heard the chanting. They both glanced over towards a group of students and they both hopped off their seats to rush towards the herd. Lyra pushed past a few people to get a good look at what was happening. In front of them was a large, tall looking guy holding another younger student by his legs, smothering his face in what looks like the boys' lunch.