Chapter 20

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬: 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀?

Lyra stood under the lights of New York city's local area. The cool breeze flushed through her, sending shivers up her spine. Lyra gently rubbed her arms together, hoping to cope with some body heat. She had been pretty stupid to not bring a coat out, it looked freezing from her bedroom window, yet there were more important things running through her brain.

Lyra, out of all the emotions she was feeling, was most of all scared. The last time they had an encounter, was when she cut it off, walking away, leaving both their hearts to silently grieve in the alleyway.

She occasionally, changed spots to stand at, trying to get out of pedestrians ways. Some guys would walk past her and smirk, causing Lyra to take in a huge breath and look directly away from them. She felt very uncomfortable, mostly keeping to herself as she occasionally tucked a strand of hair behind her eye, adverting her eyes to stare at her feet.

Her heart completely changed as she glanced up in front of her, making eye contact with the boy she loved. Peter parker gently stuttered towards the girl, failing to obtain the sweet smile to form upon his lips. Lyra let herself let out a small, goofy grin. Peter had both his hands tucked into his pockets, feeling the rush of cool air that rushed past him.

"Hey, Hi," Peter said as he now stood directly in front of her, there was this sort of tension flowing through the air, but Lyra ignored it and managed to nod her head at him.

"Hey, Bug boy." Lyra smiled back, as Peter let out a small chuckle, shaking his head slightly.

"You look amazing." He compliments, letting his eyes scan her body. He didn't notice the way Lyra cheeks flushed pink but seemed to pick up on her shaking hands. He then noticed she hadn't brought a coat and quickly shook his head, Peter shook the jacket off his body, he had worn a long sleeve t-shirt under anyway. He nudged her hands through his jacket, letting it sit comfortably on her.

"What- no, you'll be cold," Lyra said as Peter then stood back, admiring her from his stance.

"I'll be okay," Peter replied.

"I'm sorry for the sudden outreach." Lyra then apologised, shaking her head. "It was really out of the blue and-"

"No. No. No. I- I don't- out of the blue... is alright. You know." Peter awkwardly stuttered, cheeks tinting pink as Lyra stared at him, melting at his adorable gaze. He would always stutter around her, even when they started dating. And it was incredibly cute for Lyra to watch him get all flushed in front of her.

"Yeah well, I just figured it was time, You know," Lyra stated, shafting her body weight to her other leg. "Time that we try and be friends, at least. We both care about each other and just acting as if neither of us exists... It doesn't sit right. And it's probably unhealthy. And- Just- Sometimes I really miss you."