Chapter 22

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟮 - 𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗲́ 𝗵𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀

After last nights events with Max, Lyra needed answers. What confused her the most was that she had seen Max no less than 2 days before everything happened, and he seemed as normal as he usually does. Concluding, she knew where she needed to go. Oscorp has the information about nearly everything and she needed to find out quickly before they locked everything to do with this. 

Lyra quickly grabbed her uniform and badge, making herself look presentable for the early morning. She didn't have a shift today but as long as she walks in looking professional, no one should question her, hopefully.

Normally she would have gotten Peter to swing her there (since it was one of her favourite thing about him being Spider-man) yet these past couple of days had kind of cut off that privilege. Peter and she haven't said one thing to each other since that night, with her revealing the move to England and having to leave him behind didn't sit right with either of them. She couldn't blame him though.

Lyra quickly rushed towards the front door, grabbing her mums car keys and a packet of gum. She made sure that she had her phone on here just in case and headed out the door in a rush. Clicking the front door open, sitting into the front seat and starting the car.

Like always, the roads were jammed with cars going in different directions. Oscorp wasn't even too far from her house yet traffic had caught her off guard. As soon as she parked in front of the building, Lyra quickly entered the building, scanning her badge and waving to the receptionist. She made her way over to her desk, which was on floor 63, and pulled out her chair to sit directly in front of her computer.

Lyra hesitantly logged on, clicking on the Oscorp Company Directory so she could enter Max Dillon's name. She waited for the searches to load, tapping her foot impatiently, suddenly, the search-it stops midway through and concludes that it's not found.

Lyra looked at the screen suspiciously, before clicking on Max's name once more to try searching it again. Unfortunately for Lyra, this time it was a big text covering the screen saying; "Searched Blocked"

She sat there for a moment, confused about why that happened. That was until she heard workers from around, communicating with security and she quickly rushed to stand up. "Fuck." Lyra quietly muttered to herself as she quickly shut down the computer screen and rushed out of the room. She could hear calls of her name echoing in the halls, making Lyra speed up a little, turning behind now and then to make sure they weren't catching up.

Lyra hurriedly walked down one of the main halls fast, her head continuously snapping back to check her surroundings. However, this time as she moves to turn back around, she trips on her own feet, almost tripping if she hadn't been caught. Lyra noticed how the arms were wrapped tightly on her hand and swung her back up onto her fit, now becoming chest to chest with Peter Parker.