Chapter 21

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟭: 𝗠𝗮𝘅

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟭: 𝗠𝗮𝘅

Lyra was less than a block away when she started hearing screams and loud crashes. Police sirens echoed the area and tv screens from all over were flashing the live video. It was kind of hard to register what was on the tv since the power kept cutting out, yet Lyra picked up on a bit. There was a tall man, standing around in a hoodie, he was bright blue, features glowing. Electrical cords ran on his body and through his veins as he stood in a very powerful position. The man did look similar, besides the abnormal things.

Lyra made her way through the crowd and watched as the police refuse to let anyone through, some of the trained defence team were holding up guns towards the weird man's face. Lyra's eyes travelled from the area and straight towards the person who seemed to be talking, Spider-Man. Peter was fully dressed and had a defensive arm up towards the man, carefully taking steps towards him.

"I can see you don't want to be here right now, You're scared, I can see you don't know what's happening to you, alright?" Spider-Man shook his head, with a calm voice. "I can tell you don't want to hurt anybody, it's going to be okay."

"I don't want them shooting at me anymore." The man said, pointing at the officers, to whom only raised their guns higher. His eyes turned frightened for a moment, and Lyra could tell how scared he was from the way he was talking. He sounded deep and pleading almost.

"They're not going to shoot you," Spider-Man replied reassuringly, turning to look at the cops. "You guys! This is my buddy Max, I told you about Max remember? No one shoots at Max!"

"It's just you and me talking, Woah, Woah, Woah, you stay right there," Peter said as Max tried to step towards him. "The electricity you know, just be careful."

So that's why the man's feature seemed so familiar. Lyra had met Max just this morning in the elevator, he seemed to be down but kept a smile on his face. She then compared him to the Max that was standing in front of them all now, his usual brown eyes were flashing blue as his skin almost tore from the electric cords. Lyra only shook her head as she remember Max saying it was his birthday.

"I just...I just wanted everyone to see me," Max revealed, staring around the place in awe. Little kids around his behind their parents in fright, only making Max gently lower his head.

"I know, I know," Spider-Man nodded. "How about, you come with me, and we'll go somewhere and we'll talk alone. Away from all these people, that sound good?"

"Yeah, yes." Max nodded quietly, hesitantly walking towards Spider-Man. He must have missed the puddle in front of him, cause when he walked into it, it sent a large wave of electricity through his form and he flinched slightly. Ignoring Spider-Man's request, someone in the police force deemed it necessary to shoot his gun, sending a gunshot sound around. Many people screamed and shouted, but Lyra only grasped her fingers in worry.