Chapter 3

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯 - 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝘃𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

Gwen and Lyra currently stood next to the bleachers, chatting. They both took glances at the basketball game now and then, yet Lyra swore she could feel someone's eyes on her back. She refused to look around, afraid of embarrassment but it seemed to be burning into the back of her head.

The girl quickly whipped her head around and caught the eyes of Peter Parker, who seemed to be standing on the bleachers. As soon as he saw her looking, he adverted his eyes to the wall just in front of her, face flushing a light pink. Lyra just shook her head with a small smile on her face, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Who are you staring at?" Gwen said, pulling Lyra out of her moment and causing her to turn back around.

"Hm?" Lyra questioned before quickly realising what the question meant. "Oh, no one."

Gwen gave her a teasing smile before just nodding her head, "Is that right," she said as Lyra quickly nodded her head, "well if you say so."

Lyra was about to retort to the blonde girl before her attention was brought back to the basketball game, more specifically, to where Flash had just pushed a poor bloke to the ground while laughing. She looked at him in hatred and watched as the ball rolled over to knock a girl called Missy's bucket over, spilling the blue paint all over her banner.

Lizzie whipped her head around to glare at Flash. "You did that on purpose, Flash!" She immediately accused, pointing her fingers towards the older boy who just laughed.

"No, but I should have. You better watch your back!" Flash threatened her as one of his friends pat his back.

Peter looked up from his position and started to walk over to the little girl, he let out a small "Hey" before bending down to pick up the bucket of blue paint. He was about to speak again before the ball suddenly came speeding back towards him. As if it was instinct, Peter leaned to the side and grabbed the ball before it could hit anything.

He looked down at the ball in slight shock, Lyra too was watching him with amused eyes. Missy stared at him in awe, but Peter just looked gobsmacked.

"Give it up, Parker!" Flash said as he started striding towards the boy. Peter looked at him, watching as the boy made the hand movements as if he didn't understand.

Peter looked to his left and caught Lyra's eye, his confused look now turning into a small smirk. He looked back at Flash, nodding his head. "Oh. One sec."

He placed his camera in Missy's hands, telling her to stay still. Peter started shifting the ball from one hand to another with a teasing grin on his face.

"Why don't you take it from me?" Peter challenged with a smirk.

Flash just walked right up to the boy with a disbelieving look, his mouth suddenly shifting into a small scoff. Flash's friends were banging him on, with a chorus of "Come on, Flash." "Just take it, Flash" "Hurry up, Flash."

"Go ahead, take it," Peter said with a small smile. Lyra watched in amusement when Flash went to grab the ball, only for Peter to switch it to his other hand behind his back.

Flash looked at Peter with a glare, reaching for the ball once more, only for Peter to copy his previous actions. Now the ball was held above the boys head, slightly to the left.

Flash then jumped at the boy, trying to grab the ball. Peter switched the ball from side to side, teasing the boy as he moved it behind his back when Flash bent low to grab it. Lyra slightly let out a breathy laugh as she watched Peter bounce it on the boys back.

Students all around started whispering, most even laughing.

Peter was smiling widely at this point, his eyes brightening more as he caught the cheery look on Lyra face from the side.

The boy then started to fake throw the ball, causing Flash to jump back unexpectedly. Flash's friends were all shaking their heads from the corner of Lyra's eyes, she just smiled in success as she watch Peter continue to tease the boy.

"Just take it," Peter said holding the ball directly in front of the two boys, he watched as Flash crossed his arms with a glare.

Peter just shrugged before sighing. "All right, how about this." He said as he placed a hand over his eyes, turning his back to Flash. "How about that."

Flash smirked as he placed a hand on the ball, turning his back slowly to grip the ball. When the ball didn't detach from Peter's hands, he turned back around to stare at the boy. Flash tried placing both his hands on the ball, tugging it harder while continuing to stare at Peter.

"Come on, Flash, take it." The boy whispered, motioning to the ball.

Flash shook his head before walking backwards, glaring at Peter as the smaller boy turned his body fully in line with his own. Peter then started bouncing the ball with a happy grin on his face.

Lyra exchanged smiling looks with Gwen, both girls completely shocked yet slightly amused as they watched the scene play out.

"All right, bring it! Come on, Parker! Come on!" Flash yelled jumping up and down from his spot on the court.

Peter then picked up the ball and started running full speed at the taller bloke, knocking him down as he took a massive jump into the air. He slammed the ball so hard into the ring, now smashing the whole glass backboard. Pieces of glass shattered all over the ground, and Peter started looking up slowly with a shocked expression.

Lyra was too shocked to even move a muscle, Gwen even rubbed her eyes to make sure she saw that right. Peter just stared at the broken backboard with his mouth slightly gaped.

☘︎︎

An:
Working on making the chapters shorter so I can post more often!