Chapter 14

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰 - 𝗢𝘀𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗽 𝗖𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘀(Couldn't find a suitable gif 🤷🏽‍♀️)

(Couldn't find a suitable gif 🤷🏽‍♀️)

Luckily, Oscorp wasn't too far away from the school but it did take some time to get there. While Lyra was running, she realised it was probably better to grab a taxi.

But running just wasn't fast enough.

Lyra was mentally cursing herself as she thought of ways to get there quicker, all while running. Fortunately for her, there was a little boy by the cafe with his bike. She knew it was probably the worst thing she could think of, but it was all she had left. So she ran over towards the boy.

"Hey, mind if I take this for a bit?" Lyra questioned, already taking the bike. It wasn't the most suitable size, since the boy was around 12 years old, but it would do.

The boy just stared at her.

"I'm going to take that as a yes," Lyra smiled, hopping onto the bike and riding off, she turned around to yell at the boy. "I owe you!"

The boy still didn't move.

In around 10 minutes she had finally made it to oscorp and Lyra through the bike behind a bush to keep it from damage (since she still had to return to the poor boy later). She turned around and ran towards the entrance of the building, almost breaking the door as she dashed in.

The whole building was almost empty, seeing as Connors gave everyone a suspicious week off (including her). So Lyra quickly ran up the stairs and grabbed her badge out of her bag, scanning it on the lab doors. She entered the area and waved slightly to partners around, them watching her run curiously. Lyra located the specific lab she needed before entering a code and walking in, stopping right in front of the computer.

Time passed as Lyra managed to prepare the antidote, her fingers were aching by the time she entered all the information and waited for the machine to start the process of creating it.

Lyra stared at the machine, almost glaring at it to speed it (not that it was helping) when her phone started ringing. Startling her a little bit, she lifted it to see Peter's number, with a cute photo she took of him previously up on the screen. Grinning a bit, she answered the call.

"Hey," Lyra said breathlessly.

"Hi, where are you?" Peter asked urgently.

"I'm at Oscorp." She answered, looking towards the machine now and then.

"That's great but you have to get the hell out of there right now, are you listening to me!" Peter said right into the speaker, making his voice louder and clearer.

"But the antidote is cooking!" Lyra convinced.

"No, no, no, no, no," Peter said repeatedly. "Connors is on his way there right now, he's coming to you because he needs the dispersement device. He's going to infect the whole city, Lyra!"

"Yes, but there's seven minutes left!" Lyra protested, her voice cracking as she grew more worried.

"You're going to wait for there for seven minutes after what I just told you!?" Peter said in a worried-shocked tone. "Listen, people are going to die! You are to leave right now, Lyra Jane Smith, that is an order, alright?"

"I'm going to get everybody out," Lyra said dead planned, staring at the workers out of the window.

"Did you just hear what I s-" Peter said, yet got cut off by Lyra hanging up.

Peter stared at his phone as it entered his Home Screen, as he heard her end the call, he said into his phone, "Lyra!? Lyra? You mother Hubber, you've got to be kidding me!" He spun around in frustration.

Lyra ignored the sinking feeling in her stomach as she ran to the wall on the side of the room, she went directly in front of the small panel and typed in a few code numbers before pulling the lever down. Bright red lightly started flashing from every corner of the building and an alarm sounded off loudly. Workers quickly left their rooms in a hurry and started flooding the hall, making their way out of the building.

"And now we wait," Lyra muttered to herself as she leaned against a table, her worries increasing by the minute.

After a few minutes, there was a loud crashing noise from the centre of the building and the sound of glass shattering ringed in her ears. Lyra's eyes grew into panic as she then heard helicopters and sirens from outside the building. When Alex find out about this, he will not be happy.

Lights flicked on and off and more sounds of broken glass echoed through the halls. "Oh, no."

Lyra acted as quickly as she could, grabbing a bunker burner device and standing up on the same table she had been leaning on. She waited for the bunker burner to heat up before leaning up to press the flame right at the small, white smoke alarm on the ceiling. More alarms sounded off as small jets of oxygen spread through the room, filling it up entirely.

Lyra body was frozen as she stared at the place around her, grieving the envy that was enclosed in her heart. She whipped her head to the machine as a small voice spoke aloud. "Time remaining: one minute."

As the voice finished its message, something hit the door and it smashed. Lyra quickly ran into a small door on the side, taking the Ganali and pulled the door shut with a bang, trapping herself in the corner. She stared through the small vent at the top and watched as the same lizard walked through the door with a loud growl.

Lyra quickly pressed her back against the wall and breathed rapidly, closing her eyes for a mere second. She opened her eyes once more to stare at the lizard, watching it make its way around the room. It shook the ground as it walked, eyes in nearly every direction, using its class to trace over the lab benches.

Lyra backed up further into the small room as she heard its feet step closer to her. She heard its low growl extend through the vent, slightly shaking it. Lyra sat there for a minute, mouth agape as she let out small breaths.

It all went silent for a moment before the lizard suddenly appeared in front of the vent, staring at her with hungry eyes. Lyra body stiffened as she let out a scream, backing off to the end of the room. The lizard threw the end of the vent off as Lyra picked up the Bunsen burner and a can of some sort of spray. She closed her eyes and put them together now sending a large jet of flame right into the lizard's face. The lizard's eyes turned into full-on hatred as he stared at the girl, almost unaffected, but the lizard only grabbed the Ganali from her side and run away, back out the door.

Lyra felt terrified as she watched it sprint out and away, she quickly crawled out of her place in the room and crawled over the slightly burnt ground. She checked her surroundings once more before fully walking out.

Fortunately for Lyra, a small voice spoke from the machine, granting access to the antidote. "Antidote complete."

She let out a huge breath she didn't know she was holding and ran towards the machine to grab it in her hands, examining it for a little. Her hands were slightly shaky but she knew she had to get this to Peter ASAP.

☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎

An:

Wow, I wrote through the day?
Anyways, I'm sorry for the grammar mistakes, I will go over the chapters after I finish the book for a revision.
Happy New Year's Eve everyone! I hope that 2022 treats you all well. And thanks for everyone body who comments on my chapters, I love seeing the support you all give <3

- BlueLouMoonlight