Chapter 12

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟮 - 𝗕𝘂𝗴 𝗕𝗼𝘆

Lyra had her head dug in some papers, flicking through her textbook. She had been finishing up some leftover homework she left to the last minute. She scrolled the mouse of her computer, examining the information portrayed on her document and revising over some incorrect grammar, frowning over the unnecessary amount of work.

She had been too preoccupied with her work to notice Peter laying on her balcony, inaudibly groaning from the pain. However, she did notice when she heard the sound of a head banging against the window.

Lyra whipped her head around, spinning her chair in the direction of the window. She noticed Peters face and a smile broke out onto her face, sending him a thumbs up as a way of letting him enter. She turned back to her computer screen, finishing up the editing.

"I'm not judging, but I have a front door for a reason, Peter." Lyra grinned as she heard him chuckle from the window, lifting it to enter. "Also, my mum is starting to think you're afraid of talking to her as if you're avoiding her. But she's always been dramatic so I wouldn't look too deep into it."

"Oh?" Peter laughs as he lifts his feet inside the window, entering with his whole body. Lyra giggled slightly before turning around in her chair to look at him. That's when she noticed the large gashes and wounds rested upon the boy's chest. She quickly hops up from her chair to his side, ushering him further into her room. Lyra stares at the blood-stained clothes with horror, hearing the boy wince from above.

"What the hell happened!?" She forces as he limps in her arms.

"You should see the other guy." Peter sighs out as Lyra leads him over to her chair, shoving him into it. Peter lays across the chair and leans back with a forced breath. "The other guy, in this instance, being a giant mutant lizard."

Lyra was about to reply, when she heard her brother's voice echoing from the halls, becoming louder as he walked closer.

"Lyra, do you want cocoa? Mums making some!" He spoke from the outside of her room.

"Sh," Lyra says to Peter as she got up and quickly walked to her door, opening it.

"No, Alex, I do not want hot cocoa," Lyra says to her brother, trying her hardest not to be suspicious as she blocks out her room with her body. "Honestly, I'm almost 17 years old."

"Oh, alright, I just thought I remembered somebody saying yesterday it was her fantasy to live in a chocolate house," Alex replied with a small smirk, watching her face heat up.

"Well, that's impracticable" Lyra shook her head, moving to close the door only to open it once more. "And fattening."

As Lyra shut the door a second time, she turned around to see Peters's face appear from behind the couch, smiling wildly at her.