Chapter 2

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮 - 𝗢𝘀𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗽𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮 - 𝗢𝘀𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗽
𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

Peter stood in front of the Oscorp building, staring up at the windows with a dazed expression. He didn't move for a few seconds, yet soon fell out of his daze and started walking towards the building, taking short steps. Though he had walked past the place multiple times, Peter had never been inside of it. It was huge, a lot of people were walking around either having a conversation or writing something on a clipboard. Everyone seemed to be wearing suits or expensive uniforms while looking at important machines or inventions.

He seemed to be staring at the lobby for a while when a small, sweet voice spoke up. "Excuse me?"

Peter looked around at the source of the voice, catching glimpse of a woman at the reception desk. She looked at him with a confused face, yet was doing a good job of acting professional.

"Hm?" Peter questioned as he turned to her fully.

"Can I help you?" The lady asked.

"Uh, oh, I don't know. I'm here, looking for Doctor Connors?" The teenaged boy said pointing to himself as he indicates the meaning of his words.

"Oh right, you'll find yourself to the left." She said with a small smile, nodding her head.

Peter gave her a confused stare, completely clueless on what she meant. The lady must have caught his blank stare before she added. "You are here for the internship, am I wrong?"

"Oh, y-yeh," Peter responded nodding his head fast.

"Okay, you'll find your badge to the left." The lady said nudging her head to the table.

Peter walked over and stared at the rows of badges, all for the interns. He was silently freaking out because he wasn't an actual intern which meant his name wouldn't be there. He looked nervously, with a hint of guilt, at the badges.

"You having trouble finding yourself?" The receptionist asked, as of seeing him standing there for a while.

"Oh, no," Peter said before quickly grabbing a badge. "Got it."

The lady looked slightly suspicious for a moment, looking questionably at his quirky smile before just nodding her head. "Alright then, Mister...Guevara."

He looked down at his name tag to see that it did indeed say, Rodrigo Guevara. Nodding his head, Peter looked anyway but her eye, "Gracias."

"De nada." The receptionist replied, dropping her suspicions as she silently went back to work.

Peter turned away from the lady and started walking as fast as he could, his face flushed pink with guilt. He silently stepped on the bottom of the escalator, reclining his head in all different directions as he brought his lips to one side of his mouth In concentration.