Chapter 13

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟯 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗶𝘇𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗜𝘀 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸

Peter and Lyra were both leaning against her locker the next day, talking and laughing about nothing in particular. Lyra couldn't be happier today, after swinging around with Peter yesterday, they both went back to her place and watched a movie together all cuddled up.

Peter had just laughed at something Lyra just said when suddenly, students all around the campus start screaming and yelling. A wall had exploded and a giant lizard revealed itself in the halls, Peter eyes locked on it and he felt his heart jump. He immediately took a hole in Lyra's hand and pulled her down the hallway.

"Go!" Peter urged her as more students ran past them, the screaming intensified. "Go get out of here, it's not safe. Run Lyra!"

"Don't tell me it's the lizard from the brid-" Lyra stared at him with wide eyes.

"I won't tell you then, but please go. You can't get hurt!" Peter had a hand over her mouth and another on her lower back, slightly nudging her to the exit.

Lyra looked at him hesitantly before quickly kissing his cheek and running down the corridor, muttering a quick "be safe," on her way. She had no idea what Peter was going to do but she knew that he was somewhat going to get himself hurt in the process.

Lyra heard a loud bang from upstairs and seeing as most students had made their way out of the building, she knew it was Peter. She changed directions fast and started running up the stairs, Lyra had no idea how she was going to help but she couldn't let Peter suffer. As she ran through the halls, she saw a trophy case smashed into bits, she quickly ran towards it and grabbed the biggest trophy as a defence weapon.

Lyra raced through the rest of the halls, using the loud crashes as a guide to Peter. At last, she saw Peter and the lizard. Peter's head snapped her way as he heard the footsteps and his eyes widened in shock, he was about to yell but was thrown into a wall by the lizard. Lyra's heartbeat at a rapid speed as she walked behind the lizard and swung the trophy at its head.

It hadn't seemed to do much damage to the lizard, but it surely made him angry. Slowly, he turned around and stared at the girl in anger.

"Lyra Smith." He growled bending down to stare at her frightened self. He lifted his arm to swing her way before one of Peter's webs attached to it.

"Don't even think about it," Peter said, glaring at the lizard through his mask. He pulled the lizard away from Lyra before wrapping him in webs, trapping him in a cocoon-like defence. When the lizard was fully secured, on the ceiling, Peter whipped his body around to face Lyra's and used his web to yank her towards him. He grabbed ahold of her, keeping her firmly in his arms as he leaned his forehead down to rest against hers.'

"What are you still doing in here?" He questioned as he breathed a laugh, although being entirely serious.

"Actually I was about to leave but then this loud bang came from upstairs and it alerted me, I didn't want you to get hurt and even though I know you're fully capable of doing this, you're still a big softy and so I knew I needed to help-" Lyra rambled with a small teasing smile on her face.

"Thank you for that by the way, and I'm not a softy!" Peter debated with a grin as he held onto her waist tighter, before bending down and grabbing the trophy. He threw it out the window, shattering the glass and leaving the window clear. He then grabbed a firmer grip on Lyra's hips before looking her straight in the eye. "I'm going to throw you out this window now!"

Lyra's expression morphed into an alarmed one, staring at Peter in shock. "What-"

Before Lyra could finish her sentence, Peter lifted her easily and threw her out the gap in the window. Lyra shouted as she fell through the air, but before she hit the ground, a web attached to her chest and caught her. She was left swinging back and forth as she shook her head, taking in what had just happened.

Lyra mentally cursed Peter and she grabbed onto the web that was on her chest and tugged it forcefully, gripping it off her chest and landing on her feet. She ran around the place, locating where everyone was. She found the cops and the firefighter out the front, all surrounding the building with students looking terrified around them.

"LYRA!" She heard her brother's voice boom out from the crowd of cops, catching her attention.

"Alex!" Lyra sighed as she approached her brother, letting him embrace her for a minute before pulling back.

"What are you doing here! You need to get out of here, go home where it is safe!" He urged her with an angry tone, staring at the building in alarm.

"No can do brother." Lyra sighed a chuckle as she started walking away from him.

Alex didn't seem to be amused by her joking and started pointing his finger at her. "You need to go, it's not safe here!"

"Thanks for your concern but I have responsibilities around her!" Lyra commented before quickly turning around and running towards the other students. "LOVE YOU!"

Alex grunted softly as he watched her run away, if he wasn't busy at the moment he would have chased her down.

Lyra kept running, looking around for her best friend. She examined all the student's faces, even asking a couple if they had seen her. Right before she was about to calmly rage, she caught sight of a blonde.

"Gwen!" Lyra called, catching the attention of the teenage girl.

"Lyra, oh my, are you okay!?" Gwen sighed in relief as she stared the girl up in down, searching for injuries. "I was looking everywhere for you. Where's Peter?"

"Long story, listen, I just needed to make sure you were okay and," Lyra breathed out as she watched Gwen's eyes worriedly. "If anyone asks where I am, cover for me, would you?"

"Yeh, of course. But why?" Gwen replied.

"again, long story. But thank you so much, I love you and stay safe!" Lyra said sternly watching Gwen nod hesitantly.

Lyra walked away from the crowd and took out her phone, quickly dialling Peter's number. She needed to know if the boy was okay, but she didn't know if he was going to pick up the phone.

"Hey," Peter said through the phone, slightly shocking the girl.

"Hi, where are you?" Lyra asked straight away.

"I'm okay," He replied with a shrug. "I'm down in the sewer, tracking the lizard. I gotta stop him before anyone get's hurt. But listen, we need an antidote, do you know how to run a serum?"

"Yeh, of course, I do. Gwen and I do it, well did, for Doctor Connors all the time.

"Okay, great, great, great." Peter sighed, slightly relieved. "Listen, I need you to go to Oscorp right now and I need you or access the cross-species file. It's the blue serum, file 12389"

"File 12389, got it!" Lyra replied quickly, worried about losing service.

"Okay," Peter sighed, bringing the speaker closer to him. "Please be safe, I love you."

With that, Peter hung up the phone and placed it back into his bag. Lyra smiled giddily into the phone, slowly bringing it down from her ear and sighing happily. The words, "I love you" replayed in her mind as she swung her backpack over her shoulder and ran towards the school gates.

☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎

An:

Was actually in the mood for writing this time 😂

And I kinda wanna extend this book to, Spider-Man No way home!
Which means it might affect what happens at the end of the part two...

Or not 🤷🏽‍♀️

- BlueLouMoonlight