Chapter 10

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬 - 𝗙𝗼𝗼𝘁𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘂𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

Peter and Lyra were seated next to each other on the bleachers, attempting to watch the football team. Yet they both couldn't keep their eyes off each other due to the previous scene that happened the night before. They were seated next to each other, Peters arm wrapped around the girl's waist, squealing her hip now and then.

"It's beautiful," Lyra said, admiring the now dead spider in the tube. Spiders weren't the prettiest animals, but close up you could focus on their features.

"Has a hell of a bite to it though," Peter mumbled subconsciously, grazing his thumb over her waist, his other hand running through his hair.

Lyra cringed slightly at the thought of the animal biting into his neck but quickly pushed those thoughts aside. "Who else knows"

"Just you," Peter said with a toothy smile as he tilted his head slightly to the side, watching a small smile grow on the girls face.

"Just me?" Lyra questioned in awe, watching as he nodded his head frantically.

Peter consciousness grew slightly again as he looked back up into Lyra's eyes, finding just enough comfort in them to ask. "You- you don't believe what the police is saying, do you?"

"No, of course not!" Lyra said as she slightly shook her head, handing Peter back the spider. She wrapped her right arm over his back and rubbed his shoulder in comfort. "To be honest, this is the coolest thing ever!"

Peter shook his head, a smile making its way back onto his face as he watched the girls tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"But- does it like...scare you? What you can do?" She questioned him slightly. "Cause I've seen those clips on YouTube and let me tell you-"

"Outrageous, I know." He nodded, his grin extending as he started feeling giddy. "But no, not anymore at least."

"What did the thing on the bridge look like?" Questioned Lyra.

Peter thought for a moment, picturing the creature in his head. "Really big, too big to be human. Almost reptilian."

Lyra nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"Yet it walked on its back legs, just like a human would. It's almost as if it had mutated somehow, but I really don't know." He muttered while looking at his shoes.

"Hm." Lyra just nodded. "I think you've got lay low though, Peter. This is really dangerous and the last thing we need is for you to get hurt."

"I can't do that." He shook his head, eyes widening at the mention.

"Why not?"

Peters body shifted closer to hers, instinctively pulling her hips to his side. "Because of those people last night, whatever it was attacking them, it would have killed them. So- so I've gotta go after it."

"That's not your job!" Stated Lyra with a strong voice, hiding the concern.

"Well, maybe it is." Peter nodded quickly, letting out a small sigh. He then turned to look into her eyes once more, a wide grin appearing, "I really liked kissing you- you're an amazing kisser."

Lyra blushed, her eyes scanning anywhere but his face. "Well, ugh, it was good for me too. And you were great as well."

"Yeh?" He tilted his head, leaning his head closer to hers.

"Mhm." Lyra just nodded, also leaning her head in.

Right as their lips were about to connect, a football came flying towards them. Peter lifted his left hand and caught it easily, lightly glaring at it before throwing it back onto the pitch. He was quick to lean back in but when Lyra and Peter both heard a creak, they looked up to see the goal post fully bent.

"Oh my," Lyra noted.

"Hmmm, just don't look. They won't notice anything." Peter said with a smile before pressing their foreheads together, leaning in for the final time.

☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎

An:
This was kinda short sorry, but I wanted to get this out so I could thank you all for 3k 😭 I'm progressing in such a short amount of time and I thank everyone reading this <3

I also watched no way home a few days ago and let me tell you, I balled my eyes out. MY FAVOURITE MOVIE! It was truly amazing!

- BlueLouMoonlight 😊