Chapter 9

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵 - 𝗦𝗽𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

Lyra and Peter both climbed out of her window onto the large rooftop, Lyra was first to start walking over to the edge with Peter following behind her. He hinge his head low, now stuffed his hands into his jacket sleeves while he slightly swung his feet as he walked.

"Well, that was something," Lyra muttered to the boy as she reached the edge.

"I'm sorry," Peter sighed out, now standing next to her. "I thought he was going to arrest me at some point, you know."

"Nah," Lyra said shaking her head, gazing amongst the city of New York. "I wouldn't have let him arrest you."

Peter was suspiciously nervous as he swayed from side to side, shifting between his feet. His eyes were slightly watery as the cold air rushed past them as the wind blew.

"What happened to your face?" Lyra now sighed out, turning her head slightly to stare at the boy in confusion and slight irritation. "And don't give me that bull shit on how it was a rash from-"

"I gotta tell you something." Peter cut her off quickly as he turned his body to face her, he let out a breathless sigh as he removed his hands from his pockets.

"Oh," Lyra breathed out a small chuckle mixed with a sigh, "okay then," she nodded encouragingly.

Peter then bit his lip nervously as he stared at her, his mouth slightly agape but no words broke. Sighing, he brought his hands to rub the end of his cheek.

"I've been bitten." He finally spoke as he continued staring into Lyra's eyes.

"So have I," Lyra sighed with a growing smile forming on he face.

Peter eyes would lower down to her lips slightly before locking eyes with her once more. The wind blew in the background, sending whistles of air around the area, Lyra continued to stare into his deep, brown eyes as she tugged the end of her sweater nervously.

"Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok," Peter then spoke out as he slightly shook his head, breaking the admiring silence. "I gotta tell you something, I gotta tell you this one thing real quick." He said, slightly stuttering. "And it's about the car thief and the vigilante, okay?"

"Oh," a slight wave of sadness and embarrassment was he over Lyra as she now took an awkward step backwards, now with her face flushed red. "Ok then."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Don't. No" Peter shook his head rapidly as he spoke the words clearly, mentally slamming his face into a door.

"Okay, you know what. Forget it. I'm not going to talk about that. I'm going to talk about myself. Alright?" He stuttered as he fiddled nervously with fingers, his face flushing a deep red as he clenched his arm muscles.

"What about you?" Lyra asked suspiciously as she swayed from side to side, preventing the cold and nervousness that balled in her stomach. Peter seemed to be quite stressed and freaked out as his eyes widened a few times.

"It's just, it's impossible." He trailed off. "I wish I could just..." he gestured his hands to flow from his mouth to hers, trying to describe the feeling he is experiencing. "You know what, I can't. It's too hard to say."

"Just say it." Lyra smiled as she gently nudged his bicep.

"No. I don't wanna..." Peter mumbled as he turned his body to lean his upper body over the edge of the railing, his hair slightly becoming messier as the win continued to blow.

"Say it, Peter." She said as Peter sighed and turned his head to stare right into her eyes, with a dazed expression. "What, what, what?" Lyra carried.

Peter just shook his head rapidly before lowering it back over the railing as his feet slightly bounced.

"Fine, okay."

Lyra gave up trying to convince him as she now turned on her heel to walk to the other side of the rooftop. She walked about 1 metre before something sticky struck onto her hip, now pulling herself back towards the boy. She spun around a couple to,es before landing in the arms of Peter, to whom had brought her close. His hands rested on her lower back as hers rested on his upper chest. Lyra breathed out a shocked breath as she looked up at Peter with wide eyes.

Peter pushed aside all his nerves, now pulling her into a passionate kiss, pouring all his emotions into a gentle touch. Lyra wide eyes slowly closed as she let the warm feeling of calmness ways over her. His lips were soft and warm as they connected perfectly together. Peter hand rose to her cheek as he slowly trailed the kiss of to an angle, how bending his head on side as he kissed her in a more passionate way.

Lyra, still shocked, slowly pulled away from the boy while opening her eyes to stare at him. She let her eyes wonder down to the sticky web substance as she processed the information how running through her head.

Her head shifted to the side slightly to stare back up at him. "You're Spider-" she said breathlessly in a whisper before getting cut off.

"Shut up." Peter mumbled now grabbing both her cheeks in his hand, pulling her back into the kiss. Lyra's arms slowly moved to wrap around this neck as she pulled him closer. Peter smiled into the kiss and lightly let his tongue swipe the bottom of her lip, asking for entrance. Before Lyra could grant it, they both heard a familiar voice yell out.

"Lyra!?" Shouted her mouthed as footsteps clambered along the ground.

"Lyra?-" Julia yelled out before slightly gasping at the sight in front of her. The two teens quickly jolted apart as Lyra now stared at her mum with wide eyes as Peter spun around the hover over the railing, avoiding eye contact with Lyra's mum. His face was stained pink as he hung his head.

"Your brother- your brother wants you inside," Julia trailed off with wide eyes, staring at her daughter and the back of the boys head.

"yeh, okay." Lyra nodded with a sigh.

"Okay?"

"Yes." Lyra said, now trying to advert her eyes to Peters hearing, her mum walk inside.

"Lyra!" Her mum softly demanded from the hallway seeing as her daughter wasn't coming.

"I know, I know. I'm coming!" Lyra said as she dug her head into her hands.

Sirens now grew in the outta distance, Peters head now snapping up in the direction. He let his thoughts wander from the girls and now to the sounds. He looked back at Lyra one more time, admiring her one last time before jumping over the balcony in a rush, now quickly trying to get into his suit.

Lyra quickly whipped her head around the look into the distance, her eyes now widening.

"Oh, I'm in trouble."

☘︎︎

An:

Omg guys, last time I checked I had 170 reads and now I have 800!
Thank you guys 😭 🙏