4

It was weekdays again and it couldnt be more boring. Classes are already starting and this girl beside me is not paying attention to the teacher. I honestly dont care but exams are just around the corner and I´d be guilty if she fails this subject. So I nudged her, "Stop texting and listen to the discussion." I cant focus because of her muffled giggles which irritates me.

"Oops, sorry Jissen. Its just that Deoyeonie keeps sending me her corny pickup lines," she giggled. I scowled at her.

"You guys can flirt all you want later but for now, pay attention. I´ll confiscate that if you wont stop," I threatened. Of course, it worked.

"Yah, why are you always so scary.. brrr," she shivered and put away her phone.

"Thank you," I sarcastically replied and faced front again.

"You guys can go first, I have to research something from the library," I told Jiwon as soon as class ended.

"What? So who´s gonna accompany you later?" she asked with raised eyebrows. I did the same.

"Why would I need someone to accompany me when my legs are still functioning properly? I dont need it," I replied with sass.

"Youre so stubborn, you know that? Aigoo. Fine. At least be at home after it and be careful," she reminded.

"Yes, mother. Now shoo," I was hit lightly on my shoulder. I hissed and was about to hit her too but her reflexes were great that she managed to get away quickly. Tsk.

I went to the library and looked for the Astrology textbook on the Science section. With bad luck, the book I needed was placed on the top shelf, beyond my reach. Great, Jisun. Why is luck always on your side? My mind scolded me. Still attempting to reach the book, hoping that my height will suddenly increase, a hand came from behind me and grabbed the book. I turned around and my eyes widen. My heart also stopped beating for a second then suddenly went full speed.

"Here, I believe you need this," she said and handed me the book. I was stunned. I didnt even blink. Her smile. Her puppy-like features. Her moon-shaped eyes.

"You´re familiar. Have we met before?" she asked with confused face. Thats the time I snapped back to reality. I knew my face was beat red right now, both because of embarrassment and her presence itself. I smacked my forehead and took the book from her hand.

"Uh, yeah. Um, we actually met some nights ago. And uh, you paid for the latte I ordered, you remember?" I just want the earth to swallow me up for being so awkward. She then thought for a second and smiled once again.

"Oh, I remember. Well, nice to meet you again. Hehe, anyway, I have to go first. I still need to study some notes," she excused then walked away. I saw her walk towards the far end of the room and sat, opening her book.

I slapped myself multiple times for making a fool out of myself and for not asking her name when I had the chance. Yah, No Jisun 바보야!  However, I can still go and sit with her, right? But, wouldn't she be weirded out if I do that? Ahh! Whatever! I´ll do it!!

Slowly, I walked towards her table and coughed lightly to get her attention. She looked up from her book and smiled when she saw me. Yaaaaaahh! How assuming can I be?

"Um, I´m sorry for bothering you again, but can I sit here with you?" I shamelessly asked.

"Oh, sure. This table isnt mine anyways so, yeah," then she went back to reading her book. Great!

Even if I wanted to talk to her and ask her name, I restrained myself because she was engrossed with her book. While me, I wasnt able to concentrate at all. Her presence was just so overwhelming. I couldn't help but steal a glance at her from time to time.

After what I assumed was 30 minutes, she closed her book and I pretended to read mine. I cant just let myself be caught like this. Nu-uh!

"So youre into Astronomy?" she asked which startled me.

"Oh, um. A little. We have an assignment in this subject so I needed to atleast have a bit of knowledge with it," I answered.

"Really? Well, I like reading those kinds of books. They feed us with what its like outside our planet. Its interesting, actually. I´d recommend you to read those kinds of books if you dont mind," she stated. I smiled at her and nod.

"Not at all, and I suppose youre right. Studying the outer space is kinda interesting. Thanks for the recommendation."

"No problem. Well, I gotta go now. See you around," she stood up but I remembered that I still havent asked her name.

"Um, wait. I still havent catch your name," I told her. She was surprised but smiled once again.

"It´s Gyuri."