23

"Jisun-unnie," I looked around and saw Jiheon. I gave her a small smile. She came up to me and gave me oranges.

I smiled sadly. This reminded me of her again.

She sat beside me. I decided to come back to school a week ago and thankfully, the teachers allowed me to just study at home during those times that I locked myself up.

"How've you been doing, kid?" I asked, to mask the sadness that flowed through me again.

"I'm been doing okay, unnie. You?" she asked and glanced at me for seconds. I smiled half-heartedly.

"I'm... still coping up with things," I replied. It still feels like it happened just yesterday.

"I know it's really difficult on your part, unnie. We didn't take it easily as well, but it could not compare to what you've been going through. Appa, I mean, Gyuri-unnie, she was someone I rely on to a lot. And losing her meant losing a bright star that guided me in my hard times...." I looked at Jiheon, and saw how she tried hard not to break down. I pulled her in for a hug and stroked her hair. She hugged me back and I heard her sniffle. "I miss her a lot."

Hearing her say those words, it made my tears fall as well. "I miss her a lot too, Jiheon-ah. Right now, she's one of those bright stars you'll see in the night sky. She'll still and will always be your Appa and my Gaejookie." We spent an entire five minutes in that position before she pulled away and wiped her tears. I also did to myself.

"Would you like to go to the library with me, Eomma?" she asks, while giving me her bright smile. A smile that resembles Gyuri's, making me smile as well. The library, where they both hang out whenever they'd feel bored, it's the same place that reminded me of the second time that I saw her.

"Yes, of course."

"You guys go ahead. I'll just walk for a while," I said to Jiwon and Seoyeon. Their faces masked worry and hesitation.

"Why don't we go with you? Just in case----" I cut Jiwon off. I know she's just worried about me.

"I'll be fine, Megan. I haven't been doing this for a long time. I could use some fresh air," I said.

"But Jis----"

"Megan, let Jissen do what she wants. I think she needs this and I know she'll take care of herself," Seoyeon interrupted, looking at me as if she wants me to promise them that I'll take care of myself. I smiled and nodded.

"Right. Thanks, Seoyeon-ah. Don't worry, I'm going straight home. I'm just gonna walk there," I assured.

Though she was hesitant, Jiwon sighed and finally nodded. "Alright, Jissen. Just.... be careful. Call us when something comes up, okay?"

I chuckled softly and nodded, "I will." After that, I walked away.

I wasn't even that far enough when I heard Jiwon yell again, "Be careful, Jissen!" I turned around and waved at them.

I reminisced about those times that me and Gyuri would do strollings and just walk around. I miss having those walks with her, or whenever we ride her bike around the town.

I passed through a certain cafe near the park. It held a lot of precious memories for me because it was the same cafe that me and Gyuri first met. How she paid for my drink because my stupid self forgot to bring my wallet. And the park, I remember how I chickened out to approach and thank her for treating me. But that was also the time that I fell in love with her. She was looking up at the stars as her eyes shined just like them.

I looked up and saw so many stars in the sky. But there was no moon. I see Venus, too. She's shining brightly, lonely in the vast darkness. If Gyuri was here, she'll be talking nonstop about phenomenons and random facts about the stars, and I'd be here listening and nodding at everything she'll say. I will always remember how she associated me like Venus and how I told her that she's the Moon. She was right, though. She said that as seasons change and as the earth rotates, the moon and Venus fall apart from each other.

The thought of these made my tears fall again. How I just wish to turn things around and be with her again.

The moon is not here. Venus is lonely. Just like how I am now without Gyuri.

End--- charot! (Kidding!)