The Second Voyage

My father left for work, while my mother busied herself in the kitchen. Our home was much less than a modest lifestyle. All together the house had three rooms. One was my parents, the second was Kara and I's room, and the third consisted of the living space, kitchen, and bathroom. The floor was made of dirt and the walls were chipped and slowly breaking apart. There were no doors nor windows, but the walls were so paper thin that we could hear the upstairs neighbors argue back and forth. Houses stacked on houses, with a quaint courtyard that consisted of beggars and a public well. As I looked past the curtain, I saw people pass with great haste. I always loved people watching. Everyone looked so diverse from one another, yet we all shared the same traits as all people do. Looking out beyond, I was called countless times by my mother and sister. "(Y/N)!" My mother screamed, as she readjusted the curtain, before scolding me, "How many times do I have to tell you to not look out the window?! Sometimes, I wonder if you even listen to me..." My mother, (M/N), was a beautiful and wise woman. I aspired to be like her ever since I knew what aspiration meant, "Go get a pail of water. Don't slack and be careful. The police have been around far too much lately." Getting up, I grabbed the wooden pail and lugged it outside. I glanced around looking for anyone suspicious. Too many people crowded the area for me to see anybody untrustworthy, so I ran over to the well and attached the hook to the bucket handle. I didn't notice it, but a couple of men started to walk over to my small, frail figure. Taking the water-filled bucket in hand, I turned around and bumped into a man's leg. Three men from low military standing stood above me.

"What do we have here? She looks tasty~" One of them cooed, with a deeper meaning written all over his face. "Wait a minute... You're (L/N)'s little thing, aren't you? Hah! This is going to be fun~" My back was pressed up against the well as I closed my eyes for any sort of protection; However, not a single hand was ever laid on me. As I opened my (E/C) eyes, I gasped at the sight before me. A young man, much taller than myself stood in front of me out of protection. The one characteristic I noticed was his beautiful purple hair.

"Excuse me gentlemen. I believe it is considered rude to touch a young lady without her permission." He voiced, making me feel a great amount of gratitude. I was so mesmerized by the man, that I didn't notice the other two that were with him. One was meek with bleach blond hair. He looked around my age, but I wasn't sure since he was wearing quite a bit of bandages. The other was a massive man with electric blue hair. Even though I was thankful, the three men didn't seem happy in the slightest.

"What the hell?!" One guard piped, scowling down at my purple haired hero, "Who do you think you are runt?!!" Even I knew that it was a rhetorical question; However, the man answered anyway.

"I am the Chief Executive Officer of the Sindria Trading Company, adventurer of the Seven Seas, holder of two vessels, and the future King of a country I will soon call Sindria. My name is Sinbad the Sailor." A large smile flashed over his face, as his hand drifted down toward his sword. All three soldiers froze out of shock, before tripping over themselves like the suckers they were. Just looking at Sinbad's back made me question his story. 'Sindria? I never heard of such a place. And he doesn't look like a King to me.' I scoffed mentally, "You shouldn't be apologizing to me. Apologize to the girl." Surprised by his sudden words, I failed to notice the three groveling guards crying out for mercy, "There we go. Now that you have asked for forgiveness, be gone!" They scrambled back into the infinite crowd of people. Sinbad turned to face me for the first time since he met unofficially. I looked up to see beautiful amber eyes. I felt myself being sucked in, before he snapped me out of it, "Hey, are you alright?" I stifled my breath before nodding quickly.

"T-Thank you for saving me, and sorry that you had to see that. I should have been more careful." I apologized, feeling guilty and utterly pathetic. I couldn't save myself, so I had to depend on a total stranger. Said stranger just smiled down at me.