The Seventh Voyage

My (E/C) eyes darted around the large room before me. The room was filled with sand. The only distinct characteristic was the stone balls that flew on the metal rails above me. 'Something is truly strange about this,' I thought, 'What is this place? Yunan referred to it as a Dungeon filled with treasure, but it doesn't look that way to me...' As I was lost in thought, a hand roughly grabbed my ankle. My eyes jolted downward to see an injured man. Blood covered him head to toe, and a large gash was formed on his chest. It didn't look to weak. Getting down to my knees, I looked the man in the eye. "What happened?" I asked.

"T-The beast. He attacked everyone, like w-we were nothing more than frail rabbits! Rabbits!!" Blood started to seep out of his wound again. Gasping, I grabbed the man's cape and ripped into pieces. I wrapped him up the best I could before look off to the other end of the room. There was a door with intricate, ancient symbols carved into the edge.

"Is the beast in there?" I asked, pointing to the door. The man nodded fearfully, using my body as some form of protection, "May I have your shield and sword?"

"Don't tell me you are going to fight that thing on your own?! It would be boarder line suicide!! Suicide, I tell you!!!" He screamed, as tears and snot leaked from his face. I grabbed out my handkerchief, before dabbing away his tears.

"I have to try, besides..." I commented, standing to my feet to look at the direction I came. The door was gone. It was a room, with one way forward. "I don't think we can get out of here without beating this place. Do you know if anyone else is alive?" He shook his head in disagreement. I knew this tower was bad news. "Alright then... I guess it's just you and me. What's your name?"

"Amadio. Amadio Celilo." He answered, as I smiled down at his injured state.

"Well, Amadio, my name is (Y/N)... Let's conquer this place together, yeah?" It may have not meant much to myself, but my smile brought Amadio a feeling he lost the first moment he entered the Dungeon. Hope. Just moments ago, he thought he was as good as dead, but a guardian angel had appeared before him, "Can you stand?" I questioned, watching him climb up the wall, to stand on his two feet. Taking a step, he immediately fell over. "It's okay, I can help." With his hand raised, he stopped me. Amadio repeated the process again, until he could stand once more. As we were about to make our way through, Amadio stopped me.

"Are you sure?" I didn't really know what he was referring to; Nevertheless, I nodded out of sheer determination. I picked up a shield and a caviler's sword, before making my way through the door. The room was rounded, and a large dome sat above us.

As I was about to let my guard down, I felt the sand move from under me. With a leap to the side, I avoided the attack from that 'thing.' It had massive teeth and beady, red eyes. Human skin hung from its body like a tarp. I felt myself gag at the sight. Why would that beast do that to people? Sure, I didn't know any of them, but there were mostly likely good people with families and aspirations. Lunging forward, I didn't waste another moment; However, like time stopped, it appeared behind me and attempted to dig it's claws into my back; However, I managed to get out of the way before he could do so. 'How?' I asked myself, before it burrowed itself into the ground.

I kept trying to slash him with my sword, but he was always one step ahead. Eventually, I stopped trying to fight it. I kept dodging his attacks, but something didn't seem right to me. 'I'm clearly not the weaker one, so why isn't the beast attacking Amadio? And more importantly, how is it seeing me?' Looking around the room, I saw a small ledge that I could grab onto. As I did so, I hoisted myself up and watched the beast stagger about like a feral animal. Throwing a pebble to the sand, the beast immediately attacked it before eating the rock. 'It responds to vibrations in the ground, which means it's blind!' I discovered, 'but how am I supposed to defeat it?' "Amadio?! Can you stand?" He nodded, trying not to move. "It responds to vibrations in the ground. I need you to move as slowly move towards it as I distract it. Cut it down when you are close enough!" Falling to the sand covered floor, I started to run amok as it followed close behind. It's movement only got faster with each clash from my sword and it's claws. Amadio raised his sword to strike down on it, until it suddenly turned around to attack him; However, I had used my own sword to impale the vile creature. I ripped the steel through its body until it inevitably died.