The Twenty-Eighth Voyage

And so, the meddling continued without a sign of stopping. It had been almost a month. After asking Sinbad for the fifth time, I could tell that he wasn't going to give me the information that I desperately needed. So I decided to ask his Generals instead. Needless to say, the majority of them gave me the same excuse Ja'far gave me. I still hadn't asked Hinahoho, Spartos, or Pisti.

The first on my list was Spartos, but I couldn't find him anywhere. First, I checked his room, however, the door was locked up tight. Then I asked Sharrkan where he might have gone, but him knowing what I was wanting to talk to Spartos about, the white-haired prince shrugged his shoulder, gave me a wink, and walked away. 'He really is the spitting image of Sinbad, only ten times worse.' I thought, letting out a small giggle in triumph, before continuing to walk around the palace. I had promised Sinbad to be in the courtyard in a few hours, so I had time to make someone talk.

Passing by a hallway, I stopped in my tracks, recognizing not only Spartos but Ja'far and a large group of people. Deciding to eavesdrop for the time being, I listened in on the conversation. "... Princess (Y/N)... ceremony... General... Sinbad's orders..." I had no idea what they were talking about, but at least the muffled conversation gave me some clues. 'A ceremony, huh?' I pondered, 'What does that have to do with me? Is there an event coming up that I don't know about?' Hearing approaching footsteps, I pretended to not have listened to any of it, before walking in the direction of the steps. Bumping into Spartos, I was getting ready to get the truth out of him.

"I'm sorry, Spartos. I didn't see you there." I spoke, placing my hands behind my back cutely. The poor thing felt some relief that I supposedly didn't listen to the conversation that just transpired.

"I-It's fine, (Y/N)." He answered, before I shuffled a little closer.

"Would you like to take a walk for a moment?" Nodding a little, we were overshadowed by an awkward silence, "So I was wondering how you've been? I didn't get a chance to talk to you in the last couple days."

"I'm alright." Spartos grinned, as I returned the expression happily. I almost felt bad about what I was going to do next. "I sincerely hope you are doing well also." He continued, not looking me in the eye, which I respected.

"Anyway, I was wondering..." I started, "Do you happen to know why I am in Sindria this time around? You wouldn't lie about this, would you?" Stopping in his tracks, the knight stared longingly into the floor, as visible droplets of sweat cascaded down his face. As a religious follower, he wouldn't lie to me. Before I could speak again, he started to run away, "Hey! Come back!!" I chased him through the hallways, the same as Sinbad a small while before, except this time, I wasn't the one running away. My stamina started to deplete, and Spartos didn't falter, "Spartos! Slow down!! A-At least pace yourself!! Y-You might get... a... cramp!" Using my knees for support, I watched Spartos run off to the other end of the palace, not willing to speak a word. Now I knew something was going on. I understood Sinbad and Ja'far's excuse, saying that I'll understand eventually. However, it's fishy enough as it is for him to run off. Huffing, I dramatically collapsed on the floor, feeling super exhausted.

"Hey Tiny Princess, what are you doing? You look like a dead body down there!" The blue-haired menace laughed, pulling my corpse up from the floor, to make eye contact with him. "Hm, what's with that face? You want to ask me something?"

"Hinahoho, do you know why I'm in Sindria?" I queried straight out.

"Ah, I knew you were going to ask me something along those lines." He spoke, putting me back on the floor, before walking with me to a random place, "You see, Sinbad told me that you may start asking the entire palace why you're here, and to not say a word or to lie."